Kyra said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi! So im a teenager and i get a lot of panic attacks and i worry and overthink things a lot and i think i might have anxiety or something but im not sure, and i went to my parents for help and they think im just over reacting, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me if i really do, or if im overreacting like my parents say i am?

Hayden said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Personally, I don’t think you’re overreacting. What you’re experiencing doesn’t sound like something someone who is overreacting would experience.
Coming from someone who has bad anxiety, it’s not fun and anyone who suffers from it knows that.
So yes, it’s possible you do have anxiety, but that’s just my opinion

Helping said 9 years, 10 months ago:

It’s a matter of what is triggering your anxiety. What are you going through? What has happened? Did you have a traumatic experience? Anxiety is a response to something going on in your life that you don’t feel you have the skills or knowledge to work through yourself. Approach your parents and be more specific. Also is there a counsellor in school you can talk to.?If you want to chat and discuss just connect with me. Gail

diana said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Most people find that anxiety or depression is just overreating unfortunatly. But at the end of the day it really isn’t. If you really feel like you have anxiety you have to sit down your parents be 100% honest with them and ask them to see a therapist to try to fight this. I am sure if they see your face when you are really been serious about the matter they will do their best to help you.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

hopefully you have better parents than I do and they are 100% supportive of what you have to say. I tried explaining it to my parents twice and both times they just said i was being dramatic and entitled and just needed some sense knocked into me and then i’d be fine. I’m sorry but the last thing a person with anxiety and bipolar disorder needs, is to be hit.

CurlyCrushed said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and what your describing sound just like what I went through when I started developing the disorder. I started showing symtoms when I was around sixteen and I usually know when I’m going to have a panic attack because a few days before I do, I start feeling really tense. It’s as if someone is pulling every nerve in my body tight and it’s only a matter of time before they snap. it’s really uncomfortable.

The first thing you should do is find out what’s triggering you. For me certain places, like my linguistics classroom or situations like studying will set me off. If you see a pattern you should talk to your parents and seek profesional help.