thesittingduck said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I just wanna give an explanation of my background… I am a college student, 20 yrs old, majoring in accounting, transferred schools because college was to much for my parents to pay for. My dads not allowed in the US anymore, my mother’s struggling day by day to pay the bills, I have an sister who’s an ex-junkie trying to get her life together… but has a complete attitude problem.

Mentally, i’m going insane, I am a not a grade A student, but I try, I really do. I work my ass off, I have a job that pays me about 10$/hr not to shabby, but it won’t due. My love life has put me in shambles, leaving me no luck to ever find someone fitted for me, believe me when I say that. My friends would mark me as someone who is a “socialite” but deep down, I am clinically depressed, the idea of seeking help from therapists was always oblivious to me, I would rather hear opinions from people like myself in my shoes.

I have a good 4-5yrs of college left, making me finish college at the age of 25, just thinking that I would finish college at that age makes me break down. My friends wouldn’t understand my problems, I have a family that’s broken down, I live my life through a paycheck every week and it’s not fun. Many people in my area don’t understand how difficult it is to be in my shoes.

I do not know where to go from here, I really don’t, any guidance would be appreciated, I just want to know what course of action I should continue to progress with my life.

Liza said 5 years, 10 months ago:

I just want you to know that I believe in you. I know that you are going through a tough time, but I have faith that you are stronger than you think you are.

Marissa said 5 years, 10 months ago:

what is wrong with seeking help from a therapist ? and how can you know that a therapist you meet isn’t someone who has been in your shoes ?

DuvetSister said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Lots of people don’t even begin there careers until the age of 25 even. I am a second chance learner and I will be 25 when I finish too.
But if you’re worried about what you’ll have to get through just remember the reason you started? You’re working towards a better life. And that doesn’t come easy but it will be worth it. Keep going!

Plus What about asking the uni for support?