coralines-button-eyes said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Hello all! As a 10-year-old child, I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Although it’s only been four years, I’m seriously having trouble coping with the fact that I can’t seem to find anyone else that is going through any subtype of schizophrenia. It’s actually really getting to me. Do any of you have any experience with this?

Notreallythough said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I don’t think that’s right, From experience mental illness usually comes with drug use like the after effects or a ‘bad trip’ 10 is wayyy too young I mean what did they see? ADD would probably be the best diagnosis,this don’t seem right to me

noworries1620 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I am so sorry that you are having trouble finding someone to relate to. I have a mental illness as well and understand what it’s like to be judged for something you can’t help. I get racing negative thoughts that I can’t control. I have hurt loved ones unintentionally because of this. It hurts that a lot of people don’t understand.I don’t know if this is how you feel, but I hope you know you have friends here. I would like you to realize that you are so strong to get on here and put yourself out there in order to find someone that you can talk to with more experience. Please stay strong. Peace and Love your way!

Dealing With It said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I would suggest an online support group like this one. In fact, just look up your disorder followed by “.com,” minus the “paranoid.” It really does help. This goes for any disorder, by the way. So please try it.

hey-you said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with notreallythough, you are way to young to be taking antipsychotics.

Tam said 9 years, 2 months ago:

My father was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was four. It doesn’t matter how old you are, if you have it, you have it and they’ll give you whatever they think is best for you.