Lucille Eidanyoson said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve been feeling like really anxious these last days, I can’t sleep, and my life has been stopped in some senses because of anxiety and pain. I don’t know what to do, I can’t speak to anyone, or sleep, or stop hurting myself without wanting. Any suggestions? :(

Alexandra said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Deep breaths, meditation and keeping yourself EXTREMELY BUSY. Don’t allow yourself any time for your mind to wander. Go for walks or jogs, start a diary, pick up a new hobby, ANYTHING to keep your mind from driving you crazy.

JessicaAnn said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Hi sweetie, have these kinds of episodes been recurring? If so, you may want to see a psychiatrist or a doctor. They could prescribe you medication to help calm your anxieties. If that’s not an option for you, there are several things you can do to ground yourself. Deep breathing does wonders for many, you can look up specific techniques online (a simple google search for deep breathing, relaxation breathing, etc can help) and find the one that works for you. Distractions, as Alexandra said, can be good too. TV, books, pets, walking/jogging, a job, a blog, whatever suits you best. Try to avoid triggers that make you anxious or make you feel like hurting yourself. If you can, I would also suggest talking to someone you trust about how you’re feeling. They can also point you in the right direction. Best of luck my dear xx

katelynmaee said 10 years, 8 months ago:

besides going to a doctor and getting medical help for your anxiety, (which personally, I would only do if it was getting out of hand and stopping you from doing every day functions) there is an app called SAM, which was produced by a university in the UK (cant remember which one) and it allows you to track your anxiety, and has instant relief methods, such as different breathing techniques, etc. its really cool and helpful, id definitely give it a try!

Lucille Eidanyoson said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks so much, i’m definitely going to search about breathing techniques. I can’t go to the doctor now because my family would make me feel terrible about it. And besides, I don’t know how to tell’em. But I’m going to try with that. Thanks again :)