Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

But we have DNA tests for this now. Or is Islam against DNA tests too?

https://zakirnaikqa.wordpress.com/tag/can-woman-marry-more-than-one-man-in-islam/

You can also refer to this.

Ur DNA question is answered in this link

Borowski said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I like the way you said “They can marry 4 only” as if 4 is just a small number. what difference does it make if a muslim guy marries 2 extra wives..lol i have seen Muslims having 8-9 wives minimum..having 30-40 kids..why not allow a married women to marry multiple men then? there are huge gender differences
6 months ago in Pakistan 2 girls were brutally murdered for dancing in rain and posting the video on youtube..There was nothing wrong in the video..
Link:-http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/sisters-killed-pakistan-video-dancing-rain-article-1.1386938
My point is instances like that shake the belief that Islam is Unbiased and not violent

Dark star, your guy via link kind of agrees that the DNA testing debunks the whole “can’t tell who’s daddy” theory. So why is it still enforced? The AIDS thing he said has no basis in reality, there are no objective reasons for it. Why the inequality?

You may have seen people having a great no of wives but that’s a fault on their part.its wrong and it’s not allowed there’s a limit and those exceeding that are Ofcourse at fault.
And the incident that you mentioned of course it was an inhuman action but islam does not TELl us to do that.these people who commit these atrocities are in my opinion just plain illiterate and Islam does not give us permission to judge whether others are at fault or not that is a matter between Allah and the person.

Belqis said 9 years, 4 months ago:

About the polygamy question, the reason behind this in the past men used to go to war and fight. and when they die their wives and children were left behind and their population was more than the men in the area, so the prophet said that it’s okay for the men to marry as much as 4 just to take care of them as they had no support, usually its widowed female who just could not support themselves. that was in the past. That being said, unfortunately, men in the Arab world and Muslim men take the advantage of that situation because most of them are greedy. the woman can set a condition before marriage that she doesn’t want him to have a second wife and if he does it will be considered cheating and she can get a divorce. the problem is people mix culture and religion together. People can read the same book but understand it and practice it in different ways. its how it is with every religion, not just Islam.

How do u know that aids is not caused but I will research it further and I will tell you than.

Can you elaborate your question further.wat is allowed when wat happens?

Well, first of all, before getting married, people can get tested for HIV today, which many couples do, especially if they are going to have children.

Second, biologically, there is no difference between a woman marrying multiple men or a man marrying multiple women, so this theory is all wet. Having multiple sexual partners automatically gets you into the risk zone, male or female. Females tend to have slightly more chances of being infected, but it doesn’t differentiate between sexes to the point where male polygamy is safe then female polygamy.

Learn the facts http://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/

And besides, if in Islam, sex is permitted only in marriage, where I wonder would a faithful husband catch HIV in the first place?

I told you I will look into it further and tell you than.

Plus there are other ways of catching HIV

Yes, and they make up to less then 8% of all AIDS/HIV cases.

Either your guy is mostly concerned for guys who have sex with other guys while being married, which I doubt since you openly said that homosexuality is wrong, so I suppose he thinks that too, or he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

And you base your opinion on his.

And that’s the point, because now you aren’t using Qu’ran to make your judgements, now you resort to opinions of other people, who TELL you what is right and what is wrong.

You see my problem now?

No I am still using Quran to make my judgements,Iam not resorting to his opinion I am resorting to an explanation.
To understand Quran in depth u read Tafseer(explanation).

He’s not telling us what’s right or wrong.
He’s elaborating what’s written in the Quran.