ASOT said 6 years, 10 months ago:

@valeska your questions were a bit venomous if I’m honest, they were not really as innocent as “I was asking questions hoping for an answer”.
It seems your muslim friends may have transmitted the wrong image, if in fact what you’re saying about having friends who told you that is actually true. If some of your friends are in support of isis they would probably be more discreet about it. Unless of course they enjoy the attention they get, being on security watch lists.

Deleted User said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t know what circle of Muslims you are included in or if I should even call them Muslims.
The questioned you so innocently asked with the hope of being answered can be answered by any Muslim,they r common knowledge.
Plus no verse of Quran has ever been changed.
Certified people who know Arabic translate it or even publish it.

Y Z N said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Umm, Dark Star, you can’t say if someone is Muslim or not, people can be Muslims who do wrong doings either not knowing they are wrong or knowing they are. We are not ones to judge and say they are Muslims or not, we are here to say what is an Islamic act or not, period. I don’t understand why this forum post exploded with people talking about actions of others that claim, instead of just going back to the main source (Quran and what the prophet Muhammad said).

Right sorry my mistake.

Thankyou for correcting me.

Quote: It tells us to ONLY “harm” others in self defence.

So if say a Muslim feels that a certain country’s politics are threatening Islam, his attack on that country’s citizens can be seen as an act of self-defense, right?

After all, he was protecting his faith from an external threat?

Eve said 6 years, 10 months ago:

It may be useless but I’d like to point out that even with or without religious justification the very “civilized” USA currently has problems with at least 3 organizations based on hate (2 of which are christian), were currently have a huge widespread issue of unprocessed sexual assault cases that expire before getting a court date(not to mention the issue we have with victim blaming, if the US is treating men and women equally then why do we have so many of these horrific stories?), an uncontrollable riot is going on in Ferguson, aswell as the protesters who caused two roads to Fort Benning to be shut down in Columbus, GA . Really I could go on, the point is we can’t ignore that the USA has major issues of its own, we don’t really have the right to tell any other country or group anything. And its funny you mention attacking other countries when we are actually increasing military presence in several countries we have no business being in.

Y Z N said 6 years, 10 months ago:

No. It is only if they ACT upon it and it affects you directly. There are armies for things like that.

Quote: The Quran has never been changed, in fact if a Quran is misprinted with a word change, they recall them all and reprint.

Question: So you basically agree that you and the highjackers who carried out the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center basically read the same exact book, word for word, right?

What makes you think then that you have understood that book correctly, yet Marwan al-Shehhi Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Wail al-Shehri, Waleed al-Shehri, Satam al-Suqami, Fayez Banihammad, Mohand al-Shehri, Hamza al-Ghamdi, Ahmed al-Ghamdi Hani Hanjour, Khalid al-Mihdhar, Majed Moqed, Nawaf al-Hazmi, Salem al-Hazmi – they somehow misinterpreted it? Where exactly were they wrong? Can you give a quote, a passage – something factual which could show: these guys were wrong, and we are not like them, we believe this and this differently?

Borowski said 6 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve two Questions
1) What the hell is Jihad exactly?!? i’ve heard Muslims kill in the name of Jihad!
2) Why men are allowed to marry as many women as they want even after marriage?!? that’s really gross you know..then why aren’t women allowed to marry men after being married?

Jihad is basically Arabic for war.and where did u hear that they kill in the name of jihad?
Men are not allowed to marry as many women as they want.
They can marry 4 only if they are able to provide and treat them equally and with respect.
Women are allowed to marry but if they get a divorce from the other one first.

I will give you an example.you must have heard that these terrorists saying that girls are not allowed to be educated right so here’s where they r wrong.the Quran clearly states that education is a right of everybody.
Prophet(S.A.W) said:
“Attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim.”

Allah S.W.T also taught Prophet(S.A.W) a prayer for increasing knowledge.:
رب زرني علماء
“O lord! Increase my knowledge.”
So these people who say that women are not to be educated have interpreted it wrong.

Dark star, I think what Borowski is asking is that why can men marry multiple women, but women can’t marry multiple men in Islam?

And I would double that question – for all the ‘women are treated with respect’ bs you seem to miss this elephant in the room, this obvious inequality.

So this is what I found at the moment but I will research it further
Why a Woman can’t marry more than one Husband?
In a delightful report about how Imam Abu Hanifa received his name (his original name was Numan bin Thabit bin Zutabin Mah), an account of why the wife is forbidden to take more than one husband is recounted. ‘Abu Hanifa’ is an unusual name because it means ‘the father of Hanifah’, and Hanifah was his daughter. It was not the custom in those days to do this. Normally, the name would be ‘the father of the name of a son.’ How this came about is quite edifying.One day Imam Abu Hanifa was asked a question that, for the first time in his illustrious career, he was unable to answer. The question was, ” Why were women forbidden to marry more than one husband at a time? “To make a long story short, Abu Hanifa’s daughter said that she knew the answer and would solve this question if her father would make a promise to her that if she succeeded in solving this problem, he would then assureher a place in history. Abu Hanifa agreed.So she gathered a group of women together and gave each of them a cup. Then she brought in a large bowl of milk and asked each of them to dip their cups in the milk andto fill their cups. They did so. She then asked them to pour back the milk into the bowl. They did this too. She then asked them to re-fill their cups taking back only their own milk that they had poured into the bowl.This, obviously, was impossible to do. Hanifahhad clearly demonstrated the kind of predicament that would be created if a woman had several husbands. With more than one husband, if she were to become pregnant, she would have exceptional difficulties determining who the actual father was? Identifying parentage and lineage would then be insurmountable for the offspring. Imam Abu Hanifa was so pleased with her answer that he took the name ‘Abu Hanifa’, ‘the father of Hanifah’, so his daughter did indeed earn a place in history