Kelly Pye said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I say yes because it’s good for medical use and can cut down medical bills. It’s like saying no more seeing doctors. A lot of people would say no because now in days marijuana is being used in the wrong way and people are taking advantage of it .

nox.fox said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Legalization for medical use could be good if it’s well done and if you are guaranteed to get a product of quality. Here in Belgium it’s legal to have one canabis plant but you can’t sell what you harvest on it. That’s pretty nice, but at the same time, some species are more dangerous than others and people aren’t always conscious of what they grow.

Weed doesn’t solve everything either. It has calming properties and it is WAY less damageable for the brain than benzos and anti-depressors, so it’s good for replacing them. But not everybody has the same sensibility (ie: I’m very economical because just smelling the smoke from someone else can make me laugh sometimes).

Legalization with defined restrictions in the use and in the quantities you can get, with also information on the does and don’t is a good thing in my opinion.

Kelly Pye said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Wow u have an amazing respond

Jay said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Marijuana should be taxed. It would definitely help the economy out.

Andy G. said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I say it should. I say the government shouldn’t interfere with what we do to our bodies; harmful or not, it’s none of their business. As long as we aren’t hurting anybody else, they have no right to interfere. I have seen firsthand the negative effects marijuana can have (my friend can hardly remember anything, which i think was caused by all the pot he smokes), and as bad as it can get, it was his choice to smoke.

@Jay
Yes indeed! Legalize and tax, like tabacco and alcohol!

@Andy G.
I would agree with you, but I can understand the government concerns about the misuse of such a substance. We already see how alcohol can be taken lightly by some and how dangerous it can be for society when someone goes buzz driving and kills innocent people on the road.
As for tobacco, it often brings health issues that society has to pay for (in the countries with a true health care system). So, sure, we should be able to do what we want with our bodies, but if we’re plain selfish and careless, it can still has consequences on other people. That’s usually where the law must interfere so the selfish people won’t be too much of a bother for the others, as in forbidding to smoke in public places so the non-smokers won’t have to breathe cigarette smoke.

I’m for legalization in certain conditions, for information, but not for encouragement. Such things must be restricted to home privacy, clinics or specific areas dedicated to selling and consuming in good conditions.

I know two persons whose mother smoke weed heavily while pregnant and both her kids were born with black holes under their bloodshot eyes. They constantly look completely high and their mental abilities are a bit under the norm. It was their mother’s choice to smoke, not theirs. Kids who grow up witnessing their parents smoking have higher chances to do what is normal in their eyes as they grow up, but then the choice was influenced. Yet, it’s again all a matter of frequency, quantity and context. Whether parents smoke to just get stoned and evade from reality, or if they smoke when friends come for a party.

OhhBekah said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I believe it should be legalized FEDERALLY. But, the government won’t let that happen because technically they can’t tax it and the greedy fools want the money if they legalize it.

I Neitherlands it’s legal so here in Belgium, whoever wants some just crosses the border and goes to Maastricht. The inhabitants of this city are quite annoyed with this because a lot of people get high in the city, so it’s kind of a nuisance.

@OhhBekah
Why can’t they technically tax it? Doesn’t your government tax tobacco and alcohol?

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 9 months ago:

“…but I can understand the government concerns about the misuse of such a substance. We already see how alcohol can be taken lightly by some and how dangerous it can be for society when someone goes buzz driving and kills innocent people on the road.
As for tobacco, it often brings health issues that society has to pay for (in the countries with a true health care system). So, sure, we should be able to do what we want with our bodies, but if we’re plain selfish and careless, it can still has consequences on other people.”

But driving under the influence of marijuana, while still bad, is not nearly as bad as driving under the influence of alcohol and it doesn’t have nearly the same health issues as tobacco. I agree though, it should not be encouraged, just not a crime.