Ben said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Ok, so its not bad to weigh a lot. its just bad for the majority of it to be fat. I have gained weight in the last 4 years. for the first two it was mostly fat. Then when i got into high school i started working out more, and being more active and it started turning to muscle. Now i am in a stand-by phase where my conversion has slowed down and i have stayed at a constant weight. any advice to lose the fat like i was before?

Nikkita said 10 years, 5 months ago:

You’ve platued. Please excuse that horrible spelling. They talk about it a lot in articles in weight loss. Your body is just kind of chilling now. You could step up your work out if you feel that you can handle it or maybe try other ways to shed the pounds. Just remember its not so much about losing the weight as it is about getting healthy. I freaked out at first when I lost fifteen pounds and now Im stuck at 185 and I cant get any lower. We may be losing fat but we are gaining muscle too. I really hope this helped a little!

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

stand by phase?? the fuck? dude work out 2 hours everyday.
run X1
bicycle cruchesX100
leg raises x 100
flutter kicks x 60
push ups 4 sets of 15
bicycle around the world program 20 mins
this should definitely burn of that fat in a month, if you do this 5-6 times a week, id recommend starting weights after losing fat, not all of it. But you can go to a gym, and ask the ripped trainer, dont worry he wont laugh at ye, he ll appreciate the initiative.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

and stop them fat burgers, eat fresh steak, fish, no sweets/ cake

Danielle said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I sense a plateau. Here are some tips :

When you plateau, believe it or not you’re supposed to be eating more calories. Let me explain:
Basically when you plateau it’s hard to lose weight because your body has become used to your “routine”. Your metabolism need a pick-me-up, and you need to be eating more calories a day. Make sure they’re healthy calories though! Veggies, fruits, lean meats, nuts, etc.

Also, you should definitely be changing up your workout. Many people will do the same routine daily, or only minimally change it up. If you run on the treadmill, try running a bit further, faster, or at a different incline. When your body gets used to a workout routine, it doesn’t have to work as hard to complete the job anymore, so switch it up. Try different weight lifting exercises, and use different muscle groups as well. You’ll be sore the next day, but you know it worked.

As a side note, don’t focus on the scale. Though it can be a good motivator when just starting to work out, you want to be happy with what you see in the mirror, not on a scale. Base your personal goals on how clothes fit on you. Buy a pair of pants a size down, and work towards that goal. Not only will you be losing weight, but you’ll also have rewarded yourself with a new pair of pants!

Good luck and keep us posted ;)