foreverfighting23 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

What is the best way to lose weight in a healthy way? The problem is, I always do diets and give up in like a week. I don’t know how to keep my motivation going. Any tips?

Mia said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. One without the other does not help when you intend to lose some pounds. You need to pull some weights and do some cardio along with eating healthy and in proportions to see the effect you desire to see.

As easy as it is to gain weight, it is equally difficult to lose it. It is very easy to give up and very difficult to hold on to the strict weight loss schedule.
Honestly, unless you have a very strong determination to shred those pounds, they is no possible way you can do so (at least not in a healthy way).

Take baby step, one thing at a time. You could try exercising 2 days a week and increase it gradually, same goes with your diet. It is not advisable to stop eating all of a sudden, that will cause way more harm than good.

Nen said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Mia already said some things that I would have said, that’s all right. Especially the exercise thing- it won’t help you if you’ll exercise 5x a week because you are so motivated now if you stop after 2 weeks because it feels exhausting and you are not seeing enough changes to maintain!

Start slowly and increase. Find exercise you like! Running, swimming, going to the gym or taking classes like step aerobic, zumba or something else. I think there is something anybody would like! And often there are ways to do this without paying hilariously much money.

About food:
You won’t do it if you change your whole diet plan all at once. If you’re used to fast food etc and you try to eat dry rice with vegetables for twoo weeks, it’ll be too hard and you’ll stop eventually.

You need to make small changes step by step, ones which you are able to maintain!

For example, you love pasta? Many people aren’t much a fan of those whole-wheal-noodles, so you could try and eat 50% normal noodles and 50% whole-wheat ones, so you’ll get used to the taste.
Besides this, treat rice, noodles, potatoes like a side dish, not your main dish. Add lots of vegetables to your main courses!

If you like meat, chicken breast is great for loosing weat (for example). Fish is also great.
And if you can, try to cut out all liquid calories like fruit juices or coca cola etc.

Water and Tea should be your best friends.

You don’t need to change everything and it’s perfectly fine to treat yourself!
It’s not like you are not allowed to eat cupcakes or french fries anymore!
Moderation is the key :)

By the way, there are many healthy substitutes for “bad” meals. Burgers for example can be great if you make them yourself and you know what you are adding them. Instead of fatty french fries, you could make delicious (and not that high-fat) potato wedges.
And so on! There are many possibilities to find a way eating what you like without feeling guilty because it’s not healthy or high in calories.

It can help you become more healthy, fit and also lose some weight if you are doing it right. It won’t go as fast as if you’re trying a (stupid) “I’ll eat Cabbage soup for 2 weeks and loose 10 pounds!” diet, because then you’ll always earn your weight back.

Do it slowly, but healthy, in a way you feel like you can maintain this lifestyle later. And if you get to a weight/fitness level you are satisfied with, you can propably even treat yourself some more than before.
And it’s always okay to have some treats here and then.

But it should really be a treat. Not comfort food or food out of boredom (and it’s really hard to get rid of those habbits), but simply “Oh yes, I really want that cupcake right now, so I’ll have it”

rinseandrep said 10 years, 6 months ago:

You coudl: get a scale and weight what you eat. Calculate your TDEE, eat less of your TDEE, or eat the same and start Couch25k. If you are too overweight to run, walk. Read about weight loss and diet, check the dukan diet, or Lyle McDonald’s Guide to flexible dieting, or even the IF diet. You need to make Knowing how much you eat and Exercise a habit and a lifestyle. Then it’s not something you do for a couple of weeks anymore, but something that becomes part of you.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

it depends on your age
Under 18
eat really healthy, meat without fat, salmon, veggies ( NO SAUCE) with olive oil. Eat a lot of healthy food, as youll be burning a lot, and will gradually reduce, without any fat deposits hanging like a granny. Dont cheat, a mc chicken has 20g of fat!!!!
Avocado juice
Run 3-5 miles everyday. Try to find a partner, that way you can motivate each other.
Check them youtube videos out for cardio and strength training which you can do at home, i recommend trying insanity, im doing it myself!!
Over 18
GYMMMM!!! do them stretches!! squats!! Swimming, running is all good. INSANITY!! and a whole lot of fresh, healthy food, with protein. Take them vitamins if youre lacking

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

what motivates me is the fact people look at me, respect me, move aside if they are on my path in the street. Plus they treat me 10x better just coz im fit.
Plus other personal things;p