Dexter said 4 years, 2 months ago:

I just started a new job. It’s my ‘dream job’, and it’s more money than I ever expected to make in my life. The learning curve is steep, and I should be using all of my free time to skill up. Imposter syndrome is setting in very hard and if I don’t progress soon I feel like I’m going to be overwhelmed.

I have a distraction addiction. I’m constantly playing with my phone, playing video games, binge watching TV. It’s difficult for me to concentrate on anything productive. I’m overweight, and I don’t want to be. I get depressed, and when I get depressed I eat, Huge amounts of terrible food. I’m shocked that I’ve never put myself in the hospital on some of my food binges. I feel terrible for days afterward. I become very lethargic. I don’t go anywhere or do anything, and I have trouble making/keeping friends. I’m a deeply sad person.

I feel like I go through cycles, where I hit the bottom and I look myself in the mirror, and say I don’t want to be like this. I toss all my junk food, and go to the gym. It doesn’t last. Within a few days I undo any progress and I feel even worse.

I need to kick my bad habits and regain my mental stability, or I’m going to fail at this job and my life is going to spiral. Any advice is greatly appreciated.