Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

No matter what situation I’m put in, whenever I’m with a group of people or ‘friends’, I always seem to be the one that doesn’t fit in, and ends up getting left out or being left to follow everyone else around.
I honestly don’t have a clue why this is always happening but it just makes me feel unwanted. I only ever end up being happiest with online friendships because there’s no way of being left out :/

XxLionRagexX said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I know exactly how you feel. When I was in 7th grade my ‘friends’ did the exact same thing. Why? I didnt know at the time. I didnt understand, everyone got along in 2nd grade. I figured out later in my Sophmore year of high school that they were excluding me for multiple reasons. They felt more insecure, they needed a whole group of people surrounding them. Theyre probavly jealous of you as well. Prettier, smarter, makes better decicions. Take it as a compliment.

Mayve when you all have the time, talk to them about it. Or do what I did, push past them and walk ahead or just find new friends. If you feel left out, theyre definatly not to keep.

diana said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I know how you feel , i feel exactly the same , i never ever fit in but you can only think that maybe you just haven’t found the right croud yet

Rabette said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I feel you! I always try to make friends, and I always get left out. I remember years ago, I used to hang out with 2 girls that called themselves my friends. They would sit together on a sofa and whisper in each others ears so I wouldn’t be apart of the conversation or whatever. Talking about feeling left out. I just sat on the opposite side of the room looking at both of them giggling like two little girls. Childish for being adults-if you ask me. I feel as if I annoy my friends, too. I don’t have a man, either. Guess I annoy men, too..haha. I’m always alone, though.

This past summer, I made a big birthday party for my son, and I invited mostly everyone from his class. Obviously, I had ordered enough food for everyone (this was mentioned on the invitations). Only one student, friend of my son, showed up, and her parents ended up sitting on a different table ordering their own food after I introduced myself to them. I thought this was a bit rude. They didn’t even want to talk to me. I got that vibe like I bothered them.

I do think it’s jealousy in some way. I’ve lost two best friends recently because they have jealousy issues with me. I found they talked bad about me behind my back; hence, why they avoided me when I needed someone to talk to or their friendship.

I’m a single mom, own my own place, go to college, and am doing the best I can to get out of the rut I’m in. I can see why my friends are jealous of me as they’re hooking up with the wrong men that do nothing for them, and they’re stuck!

Maybe it’s a good thing that we’re alone? It keeps us out of trouble. It’s true that the only great friends I have are on line and far away from me. They’d prolly avoid me, too, if they leaved close to me. I prolly smell bad or something…

Natalia said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’ve felt the same way all my life, it’s like I’m not enough, I’m not as ‘cool’ as the others and then I end up lonely even trying my best I can’t fit, I’m like a mutant or something… I feel that way. I think we just don’t look for the right people we need to explore other type of people, others who we can share a project. Search for people like you… such as If you love to sing find people who love to sing, etc… I think it may help.

Janice Hills said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I feel the same way as you…. I only had 3 friends who left me to hang with the ‘popular kids’ and every time I hang with some one I feel like I don’t fit in there and end up following them around.

Anybody said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I feel like the trick, in general, is to find the other people being left out and be friendly with them.

I used to feel the same way, but at some point I decided that I had better things to do than follow a group that didn’t want to include me. I can’t say it was easy or fun, but I started talking to different people in my classes until I found a new group.

Shivaganesh said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’ve been through this before and I completely understand how you feel,It’s not something easy because at the end of the day nobody would like to be friendless.After lot of disappointments of being left out from group without any reason whatsoever,I distanced myself from forming friends for many years and that trick really worked since I saw the reverse happening that people wanted to make friendship with me..When you stop caring about something very much,it will very much in front of you but the other way around you feel like you are always lost.