cellohero said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Since we’re all kind of in the same boat, it might be nice for us to try to break the loneliness together (:

So let’s play an icebreaker game! (it won’t suck, I promise) So I guess it’s not really a game; I’m just going to say a little about myself and hopefully someone else will and then it will escalate from there (: and if there’s someone who shares some interests with you, then all the better! (:

fearless said 9 years, 11 months ago:

i love sleeping and chocolates ;)

So I’ll start (:

My name is Kayla. I’m 19 years old and I live in Illinois in the USA. I’m a cello performance major going into my sophomore year of undergrad and I LOVE classical music (my favorite composer is Tchaikovsky). My favorite color is purple, especially lilac, but my favorite flowers are tiger lilies (not lilacs). I’m a sucker for a good indie film (I’m not a hipster, I swear!), a really good rom com, or a classic such as the work of Alfred Hitchcock, or It’s A Wonderful Life. I’m a big fan of sitcoms such as Big Bang Theory; the Office; and Pretty Little Liars (my guilty pleasure, those girls are idiots). I love classic literature; my favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird, with Pride and Prejudice close behind. My favorite food is cheese (literally any kind), and I love cranberry juice and English Breakfast tea. I’m a Christian and I’m accepting of all other lifestyles as well (:. I love to laugh and make people happy and find out things I have in common with people. I’ll confess that I’m a hopeless romantic, but I’m also a romantic in that I want that perfect TV best-friendship, like Raven and Chelsea from That’s So Raven.

So I think that’s more than enough. (: Who’s next?

Oh, I forgot about sleeping. And chocolate. (:

just.breath said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi im Jess. Im 21
I live in southern california.
Im a mother of 2.
I’ve always felt alone and like no one likes me.
I always feel afraid and I do care what people think.
I want people to like me because I’m a good person but because of my anxiety I feel afraid to speak cuz I always think I’ll say something stupid.
like right now…
i feel like i sound stupid and i better post before i delete it /:

I LOVE KIDS. How old are yours? I have three nieces, 4, 2, and 1 (she’ll be two next month).

ThiaNyte said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi I’m Mallory and I’m 23.
My favorite colors are purple, silver, and sea green. I grew up watching Labyrinth and know the movie by heart. Wicked is definitely my favorite musical followed by Rent. I was born and raised in South Louisiana and lived with my grandmother from infancy. Ice Cream and most kinds of cheese foods are my favorites. I do admit to being a bit of a romantic at times and love the smell of Gardenias and roses in the spring. I tend to be very shy and awkward in large groups and will most likely try to hide in the back. Recently, I started my first term of college majoring in English/Creative Writing. In my free time, I enjoy reading and even painting things. TV isn’t something I watch much of anymore, though, I do watch some shows on Netflix at times. My family likes to call me a night owl because of my preference for sleeping during the day. And I’ve had Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression for nearly 10 years now.

lovebug said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi! I’m new, my name is Gina. I’m 19 years old and I live in NJ. I’m recovering from a bad few months with anxiety and finding that I have isolated myself quite a bit, and I need new friends! I’m interested in all kinds of music, I love drawing, or playing The Sims on my laptop. I find myself contemplating life at night, while getting my frustrations out through songs played on my piano. Reading Mallory’s paragraph, I sort of felt like I was reading about myself! haha, I hope this is a good place to be.

pmg92 said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi everyone,
I’m just getting started with this site and I already have a good feeling about it.
My name is Paola, 21 years old, and I am from Puebla, Mexico. My favorite colors are green and dark blue, I have three dogs and, against all odds, I don’t like mexican food :(
I looove musicals (both live or movies), binge-watching series in Netflix (just finished Grey’sAnatomy) and my guilty pleasure is watching ANTM. I’ve challenged myself to go through the stack of books that lay unread on my side table by the end of the summer, so if anyone has read Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights or The Picture of Dorian Grey I’d love to discuss them at some point.

I’ve considered myself an outkast for as far as I remember but it had never bothered me as bad as it does now. Growing up as a tomboy-ish girl has left a grudge in my self-image and, even though I tend to say that I don’t mind acting or expressing a little more manly than the average girl, I just really would like to fit in.

Tea said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hello!!!
I’m new, my name is Tea and I’m 16. I’m from Idaho, USA. (Its very boring here, I don’t recommend visiting.) I’m an artist, I sing, and I do a bunch of other stuff. I own so many pens and pencils. So many. Ummmm, I’m good at laser tag. I go to school online and don’t leave the house much. I own over 200 books. I have anxiety and depression and have had them for a very long time. Somehow, I’m still a total goofball though! I love cheesy romantic comedy movies, Alfred Hitchcock movies, and musicals. I love The Phantom of the Opera very very much! I used to have a bunch of pets but I had to give them all up. I love animals. I’ve been really lonely for a long time. (Thanks for reading this!!!!)

Jesse said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’m Jesse. I’m 19, from South Africa… I think my life is slowly going in the direction of lying in bed and watching series for as long as is possible. And then sleeping. Kind of like a bear but with less fun.

mongoose said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Greetings! :D

Good idea Kayla!

My name is Aaron. I am Canadian! Hobbies: computers, gaming, camping, football and people. I can appreciate most any kind of music so long as it is good! What is good music? Well that is subjective so whatever appeals to me. As it turns out… just about anything with the exception of country. I love animals… all animals and to the point that I won’t have one for a pet. My lifestyle is as such that I don’t feel I could give a pet proper care and don’t feel that is fair. I love to walk and especially after a good rain and I always watch to not step on any worms that happen across my path.

Some of the posts on here are deserving of some reply so I’ll do so in an order!

Kayla: I love the cello next to the human voice and piano it is my favourite instrument. I watch the movie It’s a wonderful life every year around christmas and I am literally drinking English Breakfast tea right now.

Jess: You are a mother of two and so of course there are people in this world that like and love you. Nothing you said was stupid either! Glad you posted it.

Mallory: Sea green sounds exotic! Rent is actually quite good not sure I’ve heard of wicked but I’ll look it up. Painting is a great way to express your feelings and individuality. I’m terrible at most all forms of visual art :P . Unfortunate to hear about the depression. If you need someone to talk to you can drop me a message.

Gina: If you read this than you know I love piano and hope to one day learn to play. Contemplating life keeps me up sometimes… dangerous to over think though.

Paola: Being from Canada I am not quite sure I’ve ever had real Mexican food but any food I have had that is labelled as Mexican I have enjoyed! Now that I think of it… there aren’t any places in other parts of the world, that I know of, that prepare Canadian food. I suppose it would be all poutine and maple syrup. Anyway… I’d say you fit in just fine here!

Tea: I used to play laser tag pretty regularly when I was about your age. The place is now closed down :( . I was always pretty amazed at the setup they had and how you were able to see the laser from your gun shoot to hit your target using the ultra violet lighting. Can’t say I was great at it but I wasn’t getting picked last for the team either. There seems to be a few people on just this post with depression… I wish I could help you all out! :D . Good to hear you can still keep things light and joke around.

Jesse: Common now Jesse you are on here as well! Break out and have more fun!

euphie_x said 9 years, 10 months ago:

(I can’t imagine any procrastination better than this!)

I’m Elena, I’m 23 (24 in three months today!) and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I was born in New Zealand and my parents immigrated back to Australia when I was less than a year old. I spent the first ten years of my life in a town of 2,500 90 minutes from Perth. I spent the next seven in a town of 30,000 (we hit that and became a city in my last year of high-school!), 5 1/2 hours S of Perth.
I spent one year between high-school and university an hour-ish from my big town in the most beautiful place in the world, a town of 3,000 called Denmark. I had to move to the city for uni.

I love country life and I would give anything to live on a small property with a horse and my cat.
I’ve lived independently since my last year of high-school but had to move in with my mum about 12 months ago due to deteriorating mental health. In August 2013 I spent 3 weeks in hospital and came out with a diagnosis of Bipolar II.

I have changed my degree structure every year I’ve been at uni, from Marketing to Law and now Psychology. I did three years at uni then took two years off to work full time, which was rudely interrupted by illness haha

I like to give advice on selected things but struggle with the whole concise writing thing. I don’t really understand human relationships that well, on a person-to-person level.

I love my Photoshop, photo-manipulations and typography but I don’t have time/inspiration at the moment.
Guitar Hero is a secret pleasure of mine.
I love to go out dancing and dressing up and drinking, but my medications have shut that part of my life down.
I love the beach despite my ridiculously pale skin and am prone to getting sunburn through windows.
I am an animal lover for sure. I have my dearest cat who has just turned one that has been with me for most of the shit from the last year. We have dogs as well, big and little, and I’m a horse person through and through. I was that little girl who would hijack the pony ride ponies through too much studying of horse care books.

I always love to hear from people who have bipolar or depression, I have a fair bit of info stashed away in my brain. Anything to do with meds I’m ok on, plus I have the university library system at my fingertips haha

Yep, not good at the concise thing.
I do love my music and you can probably see that scattered in my posts around too. I’m a huge fan of Australian music, especially live, but have a decent handle on a few different genres. If you feel like listening to something different, I’ve probably got something for you!

Drink up said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hey I am farjad 19 years old from Pakistan. I go to university here and currently in my sophomore year doing computer science. thats pretty much it i guess.
oh i procastinate alot. Like now i have my semester exam tommorrow and i am here. I love playing sports. Mostly football that is. I do some gaming too (dota 2).
Most of the days i just sit on my laptop and watch tv series or movies all day long. I prefer my music slow. Soft rock from the 80′s 90′s. If you want to be friends or something well i am here.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi, I’m Enesa, 24, from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Btw I love the internet for connecting people all over the world.
I’m actually a happy person, but I’m getting lost in all what’s happening around me. Few months ago I got new friends who I thought were perfect for me. We were hanging out a lot and even though I don’t drink alcohol and they do, we spent a lot of time in a pub where we were making fun of the situation. But now I feel like they don’t really enjoy my presence anymore. I will graduate soon and go back to my hometown and I see that I will lose those two like I lost a lot of other friends.