Eleanor said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I know I’m only new to this site but I was an active member of a similar one which no longer exists. I tend to listen more than I vent, I tend to be a quiet person.

The reason I listen is because I have known what it is like to have to one to listen to you and that really sucks. Also I tend to give pretty good advice.

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I love listening, I feel I can be real and honest to someone out there who really needs it, like i did when i was a venter. Plus all my venters are so nice at the end and i was lucky they were very intellectual, the feeling of actually helping such people cope/tackle their problems makes me feel good about myself, it reminds me to stay real to myself in a way. I feel real good when they say nice things like i wish i was their listener every time that they vented, or stuff like i was the older brother they never had, i guess its addictive.

Alvana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve always believed that listening to other people’s problems helps you cope with your own…

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I listen because I like helping others and hate to see others in pain.

Robin said 10 years, 7 months ago:

im just a nosey person, and after a trip to blah i realise how greatful i am as my problems pale in comparison…….i may be nosey, but more so than that, i am honest.

Paj3 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I like to listen so that I can help people who feel alone and depressed. I know the feeling all to well, and if I can stop someone else from feeling it ,I think I’ll be better for it.

S said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I listen for my own reason – I do like to help people, but there is nothing that makes me feel more useful and affirmed than to have someone feel better thank me for doing something that seems so small: just being there.

Zed said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Because I figure I’ve been through so much crap, I want it to be used for good- I want to help at least one person deal with something better than I did at the time. And because this place wasn’t around for me when I needed it.

Katie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

i started out hoping that it would help other people out, i gained a friendship.. but lately i think its because i want to get away from my own problems

Nova said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I actually started out as a venter, but for some reason decided to go listener. Personally, I’ve found Listening a way of taking my mind off of the bad things in my own life and stepping into someone’s for a while. Not only do I get the satisfaction of making someone’s day and helping them, I also learn something new about myself :)

˙·٠•●♥ Angel Wings ♥●•٠ said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Why i listen? When i am able to help someone the joy i feel just makes me forget all my troubles. Also, i feel this connection with the venters knowing i am not the only one suffering.

Shan <3 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

When I was a bit younger I turned to an advice board/forum similar to this one and it helped me so much. I feel like I have grown as a person since then (8 years ago) and can now offer advice and help through my experiences to those who are in that boat I was once in.

Advice and Lulz said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Honestly I thought blahtherapy.com was a fun name so I checked it out, I dont need to vent so I clicked on listen and it was just fun :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I listen and give advice to anybody in the world to teach people that there are actually sincere people out here who are willing to make a change and show compassion on a higher scale to spread positivity.

theatregirl0297 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I listen because it makes me feel as if I am doing something worthwhile. I love to help people. It distracts me from my own problems and reminds me that others are suffering.