towels123 said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Okay so let me start off by saying that I myself am a 19 year old straight male. I come on this site mostly to listen but I sometimes vent, too. I am honestly very disappointed by the amount of guys on this site who only come here to talk to girls. As a listener, I have been turned down multiple times by venters once they found out I was a male. I also tend to notice just in general in conversations, many times people will start to be shorter with me or not want to talk to me as much once they figure out I’m a dude.

I somewhat understand that kind of stuff coming from the venter side, but what really grinds my gears is when I’m a venter and people disconnect when they find out I’m male. This has happened to me a few times, but the whole reason I’m even ranting about this and made this account is because just now I started talking to someone on here and they were like “how may I help you sir?” (I hadn’t specified my gender), so I told them my problem and then there were like “sorry for assuming you were a sir” and then I was like “it’s okay I am lol” and then they left instantly. The worst part about it is that I knew what they were doing when they were like “how may I help you sir?” I had a feeling from that moment that they were just trying to figure out if I was a guy or girl. He wanted me to probably say “excuse me but I’m a girl… let’s go have skype sex now”.

Now look, I’m a straight dude… and I’m freaking lonely too. I’ve only ever had one girlfriend my whole life and right now I’m single and a virgin…. and I don’t disconnect from someone just because they’re a dude. So dudes of blahtherapy, I know there are many of you out there who are really nice, good dudes and who come here for the right reasons.. but for those of you who just come here to try to hook up on skype or something or just for female attention… this isn’t the place. people actually come here who want to talk about something other than your penis. And ESPECIALLY if you’re going to be a listener… don’t be looking for that kind of stuff on here. Go rub one out before you talk to people on here or something. I’m not saying female attention isn’t nice, I get that… and trust me I know it sucks feeling lonely and stuff… but come on this site is not for that. Sorry that was my big rant. I hope you all have an amazing, wonderful day filled with rainbows and sunshine. (:

SleepingDog said 6 years, 6 months ago:

One problem with anonymity, they tend to get abused.

Thanks for your rainbows and sunshine!

Deleted User said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I agree some guys are just thirsty sad muvva fokers looking for vunrable girls

HonestBoy said 6 years, 6 months ago:

THIS! Still my biggest issue when needing to vent :/

Deadly Angel said 6 years, 6 months ago:

As a listener this happens far too often and bugs me a lot, something should be done about it :/

EXACTLY ! But sometimes they actually need insight on some things from the opposite gender. Things that have to do with dating and whatever. Sometimes they want insight from the same gender and at times they want someone from the same gender to relate to them and stuff. Oh my god I remember one guy who was venting and was introducing himself and sent a link and was like that’s how I look like. LIKE WTF!? You think I give a fudge ? And I don’t remember what he was venting about but I remember thinking it was a load of bull. I tried “helping and listening” to him but then I just ended it and was like good luck blah blah blah. After that I checked the link out of curiosity and it was some pro high def picture of a guy at the beach ._. Like wut?

Karacata Anam Cara said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Yup, I’ve had people disconnect as soon as they realized I was married. Clearly they don’t need to vent, they want relief. But if they want that, there are other sites. I think it’s pretty sickening that people seriously come on here to try to chase after and seek attention from the girls. I mean, everyone is here for a reason. Obviously most people on here have had struggles and come for the support and to support. It’s gross that people want to take advantage of people who are likely vulnerable. But it is what it is. :(

Truthful Turkey said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I’m really sorry that happens to you all the time. I think you really have sunken low if you turn to this website for sexual attention from the opposite sex. Lots of people on here are vulnerable and people should feel ashamed of abusing that. I’ve been very lucky, though…only 1 guy has tried to talk me up so far.

*Sorry Karacata, I’m basically repeating what you just said. I just got a little hot-headed when I read the topic.

Christine said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I agree with you! It just annoys me when so many guys come on here just for sex and nudes, and this site is obviously not for that.

PulchraMors said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I find it a little bit annoying, but mostly just comedic. Like how sad is your life, if you need to anonymously harass woman on the internet? And what do you really think is going to come from it anyway? Sex? Nudes? Pfft! Get real! kek

I report all people who disconnect without an explanation. I totally get that some problems a man might not be ideal to talk with, but I’d appreciate the chance. Hell, even if you are set on talking to a girl about a problem at least do me the courtesy of giving me an explanation.

Edit: I actually don’t for all people who leave unexpectedly, just the ones who leave as soon as my gender is announced.

This one girl was genuinely interested to talk to me with winkie faces and all. When I told her my name was Mollie, she relized I was a girl and disconnected..ugh

Silent Radiance said 6 years, 6 months ago:

@thelonepup

Even though I agree it can be frustrating when someone does that, ultimately it’s up to the hands of the venter. They’ve gone through so much trouble and they’re usually in an awful state when venting. They’re tired of settling for something other than what they want or need. So I always give them the benefit of the doubt. If they really feel like they need to talk to a guy or a girl then it’s in our job to understand and give them any help they require as best as we see fit.

rinseandrep said 6 years, 6 months ago:

@thelonepup I started doing that too with instant disconnection after gender, figured it’s ok to support whoever the other people are that would give the remaining reports if needed.

WrathOfAthens said 6 years, 6 months ago:

So, I joined this site to help people, so I /never/ vent, well, until a couple days ago I never vented. It was depressing. I connected about four times before someone actually talked with me. The ones that left went right when I needed them. It got me very upset and left me worst off then I was before.