Jess said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Every time I listen I get one or two Venters asking “guy or girl” and they disconnect whenever I say ‘girl’. I get that same person/people several times while switching Venters.

So, boys, come out from wherever you’re hiding and give listening a go!

rinseandrep said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I got the same result saying guy. *shrugs*

Michael said 10 years, 4 months ago:

It’d never happened to me. I’ve never vented, always listened.

Jeff3845 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

what’s on your mind?

Kitty said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen, but I also follow up saying that I’m a girl by saying that I have surprising insight into male problems and that I can be trusted. It usually goes over well.

blackdog said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I get that as a male listener too. Some people just have definite ideas as to who they are comfortable talking too.

MrWussWuss said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Dunno. Sometimes when I say that I’m a guy people don’t feel like they can talk to me anymore. Strange, but I guess people ahve different opinions on people they can talk to and who can relate.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I’m a female-to-male transgender, so I’ve dealed with girls’ and boys’ problems – including relationship-wise, since I’m pan-demisexual. So well.
Not that much of a problem, I guess. I’ve dealed with so much.

Mike said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I listen to both.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Oddly, I assume the listener is male until told otherwise. The reason I don’t do “Listener” is because I’m completely unable to help any one. I just simply don’t possess the knowledge.
Edit: I’ve been a listener these past two nights. I’ve noticed that no one likes male listeners. Can’t figure that out.

TrustedWeakness said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I’m a guy, and I get skipped the same way. It’s just a preference for the venter :P

Deleted User said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I have tried the same!
Getting skipped by that person, is just awkward.
And well.. I guess it’s up to the venters, which listener they want. I do think it’s quite shallow to just disconnect someone because of a gender(depending on which problem you have).

Repeating.. :”Where are you guys?!” (;

If you visit http://www.souladviser.com – I’m a male and I have lots of credentials. Check them out and check out the website! :)

Thank you!

Funny….most times I be a listener the person goes “oh I was looking for a girls advice sorry disconnect” -_-

Most of the time* guys want to talk to girls.(It’s like we feel less judged especially with personal stuff.) and vice-versa.