Noah said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hi, I am a 19 years old, openly Gay kid, out to my parents and is about to go to college.I have people, that accept me and like to call me their “friend” however I do not consider them friends. This is because I am always the one that invites them to things and they never seem to express interest with meeting up with me or they always ignore me. I try not to annoy them and give them space, but I do not want to feel like I am second class. Anyway, that is not my main issue. The main issue is that my best friend told me that he cannot imagine being a friend with someone who is Gay, because he believes that being Gay is weird and disgusting. I don’t know what to do. Should I tell him that I am Gay (potentially loose him) and be friendless? Should I just wait to go to college, find true friends and then come out to him? Either or I will loose him :(

Swifting said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I would wait – at this point – ruining that friendship isn’t worth the rewards of having people around you who moderately care while you’re finishing High School.

You make the best friends after school and it’s easier to start fresh than change opinions.

Thank you Swifting :)

Sydney said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hey Noah,

I agree with Swifting. Maintain what friendships you have in high school. In college, you will meet so many friends who will love and accept you for who you are.

Thanks Sydney

shartjec said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hi,

Just tell your friend you’re gay. When he’s a real good friend he’ll accept you just the way your are. If you’re gay or not, it shouldn’t bother him. You deserve someone who accepts you for who you are and not just for your sexuality.