TheMusicalViolinist said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Hi! I’m a lipstick lesbian, so I act/look straight. I love who I am and how I act. However, because of this I constantly get asked out by guys. I’m only interested in women, so this can get pretty annoying and very uncomfortable. It’s also very discouraging because a woman has never approached me, only men. Does this happen to any of you lipstick ladies? How do you deal with it? How can I let others know I’m lesbian without having to say it aloud all the time? Do I have to write it on my forehead? lol Please help!

sweetumss said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Try going to a gay bar.. I have the same issue . I dont look gay to other women so i usually have to be the one to do the approaching or i hang out with friends that are also gay and meet others with them.

TheMusicalViolinist said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Thank you for the reply. :)

Blah Frankie said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Yeah, it is helpful if you hang out somewhere which is notorious for the LGBT community because people will assume your presence means you’re gay. Sadly, we will be seen as straight to most men because we don’t have short hair and wear men’s clothing (being as that’s sadly how most of society still views as lesbian) but the best thing you can do in that situation is to discretely tell the man that you don’t like men. It can get repetitive but soon guys will stop as word spreads fast. And if they disrespect you in any way regarding it, don’t take it. So yeah, gay bars are your best shot, and it’s also a good idea of having a community of likewise friends around you and approaching women you’re attracted to for yourself, even if you just begin friendly chat to decipher if they’re interested in women or not. Hope this helped a little and have a lovely 2015!

Wouldn't you like to know said 8 years, 9 months ago:

same issue literally just want to wear a shirt that says I LIKE GIRLS!

Tae said 8 years, 8 months ago:

This is so me!!!!Everyone thinks i’m straight because im not a butch or a stem and its totallllyyy frustrating!