Levi-UR said 9 years, 8 months ago:

As stated and restated being an introvert does not mean that you are not social. That misconception comes from the tendency to have a self reflective thought process. That being said how do you decide if a person (introverted or extroverted) is the type of person you want to be around? I’m not just talking common interests but also personality traits that are ideal.

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I think it’s when a person thrives to be with people, and gets their energy from being social. That it feels like something is missing when they are alone. Extrovert.
An introvert enjoys being with people as well, but more like controlled doses and doesn’t have a problem with being alone. If the person doesn’t get time alone, something doesn’t feel right.

Many people seem to think you have to be either. Most are something in between, are ok with being alone to collect yourself, and can’t stand to be alone for too long time.

Well you decide if you can see yourself spending time with that person, that you feel you can have fun memories or interesting debates.
Having friends that are different from you is also great, having someone that is alike is like wanting to be friends with yourself, it’s easy.

I guess you could ask that person about a thing that you have a lot of opinions about, then ask them if they are passionate about something, what do they wish from life.
And my favorite: “what is your ideal day?”

Well, personally it just happens. Its like when people tend to gravitate towards each other, coz well, they are like minded. It doesn’t matter how different their personalities are!!
If you have to choose a friend, your not really doing anything, but deciding who to manipulate into your circle.
I see nothing wrong with that, except they wont ever be a real friend, as there is no natural gravitation or whatever, it will be like a job.

Hannah said 9 years, 8 months ago:

If you can hangout with them and they understand when enough is enough they’re a keeper!

Red Sheep said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I don’t actually decide it, hahaha. Up until now my best friends and friends in general were all extroverted, so I barealy have been around introverted people. It helped me actually because with them I could be around people without getting bored because they were with me. When I start talking to someone and I like the person in front of me, I get excited only thinking about hanging out with him/her, then it’s done. But, still, I don’t like liars, so if I ever meet someone who lie a lot, it’s really difficult for me to handle him/her, I prefer stay away from it.

Yeah, introverts also get lonely if they have lack of social interaction (while they of course they prefer the deep one.)
I personally need the little bit of magic if I want to be friends with someone. It it not about hobbies or traits it is just something unspecified which either is there or not and makes people click. When it is there you feel around that person like you are selfassired/good/ok/sane/whatever works for you. I do not know what is it yet and only way how to know if you have it or not is to try to talk to that person. If it flows well, you are not stressed and enjoy the topics you are on the right address.
I have this “magic” with few friends and they are very different people with different personalities, hobbies and lifestyles.