Deleted User said 4 years, 6 months ago:

Whats your personal take on life. Why we are born? created? do u believe in fate or are we just bllimps in existence..??

Lains said 4 years, 6 months ago:

First of all I think life is wonderful, I can get fascinated by almost anything. But the more I have thought about it the more I do not agree with the notion that there has to be a “purpose” to existence. I think that is a very strange way of seeing things – that every thing has a specific purpose and that’s why it exists.
I think we are a part of a vast process that we call the Big Band, Nature or God or any other name that you want. It’s quite an amazing thing and we can for a brief while experience it from the human perspective. When I die everything that makes up my body and mind will go back to the process again. I have a lifetime to spend as an individual and I am quite enjoying myself.
What about you?

kannymaryam said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I decided life’s about gathering experiences and feelings. And I’m stickin to it

SleepingDog said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I’m not really interested in the origins of life. I am however more interested in achieving one with no regrets.

TS said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I don’t think there’s some special reason for living or purpose in life that’s given to us when we’re born. As we grow and mature, I think we develop our own purpose for living. Of course not everyone does, which accounts for people committing suicide on the account that their ‘life has no meaning or purpose’.

Humans were not put here for some grand scheme by a sociopathic, all knowing, all powerful god or gods. The universe may be infinite, and if it is, then there’s no reason to believe we’re the special ones. With all the wonder and amazing things out there, there’s literally no reason to ever believe we’re special because we occupy this infinitely unimportant speck in the cosmos.

In short, I make my own purpose in life, no one else does.

ABrighterDay said 4 years, 6 months ago:

I think we exist due to successfully adapting to our ever changing environment. I’m sure some people won’t find that explanation inspiring, that it lacks profoundness. However, that thought inspires me more than believing gods created us.

To think, we came to life as a species due to countless factors in an infinitely expansive universe… That’s nothing less than amazing. It’s so awe-inspiring to think about that I can’t even comprehend it, much less explain it, haha.

Junels said 4 years, 5 months ago:

Epictetus said that every creature is on Earth for the only purpose of being there. Just as the vine gives grapes in due season, Man hunts, picks up fruits, fishes…

What I wonder about is: all the human being is doing now is deeply unnatural. But how can we say that, since our gift of adaptiveness is natural? Is our race a mistake? A virus? or is it really a stage of evolution that will make the world turn into something new?

It’s true that we are very unimportant in the universe. Actually, we’re almost nothing. A rational mind wants to think that everything happens for a reason but maybe not. Maybe that should free us.