Deleted User said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I mean, im curious, I AM alone literally, at least emotionally/ethically/in any other terms of support, because i do live with my family and pets, but they and i dont share anything in terms of those things, except in terms of animal love but in other matters we have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT views, and the same goes to the rest of humanity, im completely different.

I cant understand how people here feel alone, they are similar to other people, they think the same way, support the same things and have similar beliefs and similar, well, similarities, unlike me; so i dont know why they feel alone if they have this whole website for them to give them support and are so like-minded, and of course they understand you people, they have gone trough similar problems too; unlike me, i DO feel alone (dont really care most of the time unless my problems take a toll on me and i get tired and sick of them) and also i am alone when needing someone to help me feel better or cope (i must learn how to depend and lean on myself completely asap), so yeah, heres so many people for you, persons that feel alone, why do you still feel alone?

mpalinic said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Despite knowing that I have a strong support system of friends in real life, often times I feel isolated. They try their hardest to make me feel better but some days you just miss the way things were or want things to be different but those kinds of things are just not palpable. I miss my best friend sometimes even though he was a raging asshole and I know it will never be the same again. I miss those moments with him and I feel alone because he isn’t here and no one can fully fill his shoes, at least not yet. I know that I am not completely alone but some people, for some time, are simply irreplaceable.

Arasevera said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I feel alone b/c I literally have no friends and no real family, except for my husband. And, due to the major differences in our upbringing and personalities, he doesn’t always “get” me.
I am stuck here in MA – stuck at home b/c of medical issues – I can go out when I feel OK – but that is unpredictable. I TRY like hell to make friends but everyone up here is so damn into themselves and conceited. (Obviously, I am not from MA – I made the mistake of moving here in 1999 after a bad divorce).
Online forums have never been all that helpful.
This one isOK – but most of the time when I need to talk – all I get as a listeners are teenagers that don’t always “get” me or are not happy to have 50 yr old to talk with. (I don’t at all look OR act 50 – age is sooooo relative – we all can help each other – age is irrelevant. )
After 14 yrs+ of being here and not having a single person as a friend – LITERALLY – is very depressing.
All my former friends from places I lived prior have drifted away and are really no longer interested in me.
Who wants to be friends with someone that has weird illnesses that docs can’t help? With someone that can’t work a normal job anymore be/c of all the stupid health problems?
No one.
Why live?
Why bother?
If I dies tomorrow, not a soul would miss me except my husband.
The only reason why I am still here is b/c of him.
Not being able to find a doc that can help me – or wants to help me – also makes me feel lonely – and useless – and worthless.
That’s my story.

Chadkins said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I feel alone because I don’t have a good family relationship, I don’t really connect very well to my friends, and the people I like the most are online.

However, I’m on the more positive side of being alone. I like myself. I’m okay with being me.

I’m hopeful that eventually, I’ll be repaid for being strong in the face of adversity.

Taytay said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I feel alone bc none of my friends even try an stay in contact with me. Or even my family for that matter. If it weren’t for my amazing bf I would honestly not have anyone in my life. I could just fade away an no one would notice.

I feel alone because I’ve never completely talked to any of my friends of who I really am and what troubles that face me. I deal with a demon-like person in my head every day and I feel different, or at least set apart from the norm. I also have terrible social skills and mainly keep to myself because I get social anxiety from time to time and there’s not that much in common between my friends and I other than school.

OK Im gonna reply to you all, so this will be somewhat long, no need for reading it all, only where i talked to you.

@mpalinic I have family and arent bad persons, but i dont have any friends irl, but i would guess my mom would be supportive too, but i dont want to tell them anything personal. I feel isolated and i isolate myself on purpose, it doesnt really matter to me, unless im feeling shitty because i have no one to lean on or to support me, except a few friends i met here, but i rather dont bother them.

I agree, some days you just miss the way things were or want things to be different but those kinds of things are just not palpable, im so nostalgic about the old times many times, not absolutely all the time though.

I wouldnt be friends with an asshole, but i do met a girl here, she was sassy and kinda a “sexy” type of person, but she was really nice and supportive and sweet, and even when we had our differences a few times we still were friends, i miss her sometimes, but she left the site, i think so.

@arasevera As i said before, me neither i have no friends except a few i met here, the rest of “friends” are friendquaintances or gaming partners (on steam) but not friends. And i never had a gf and not even a single date.

“due to the major differences in our upbringing and personalities, he doesn’t always “get” me” You mean like me? Im WAY too different than other humans, i cant be friends with anyone, we are too different in personalities and way of thinking and morals.

To be honest i hate people (here and in real life) and this site, unless they seem nice and kind, so i couldnt care less about meeting people so i dont even bother, and when i do i get bad experiences anyway mostly, but yeah, if im feeling bad i have to eat it and fix myself up. And i dont like talking to people under 15 years old or befriending them, but that girl i met here that was one of my best friends was 14, but she left this site.

To be honest, i dislike to have a 50 yr old to talk with or being friends to one too, regardless of how you act or look, unless its a specialized doctor or about something more “profesional” and less “personal” then i have no problem at all with that. Its simple, i just dont like adult friends or shoulders to cry on, nor males anyway (and anyway, not anyone can make me feel better, a few sorts of people can actually do it).

Also i agree, i doubt someone would care if i die too, not that i care too much about that, they arent necessary anyway, you know? no reason to feel bad because no one would miss you, its better no one than a ton of hypocrites and idiots.

@chadkins “I don’t really connect very well to my friends, and the people I like the most are online” Me too, except that my friends are only online, irl are only “friendquaintances”.

I like myself and I’m okay with being me too, i love myself, my way of thinking, my personality, my morality, my logic, my way of viewing the world, im not a low self esteem person that hates himself, but yeah, loneliness isnt that good when all the weight of the world is on you and you have no oen to lean on.

And i dont really believe that eventually, I’ll be repaid for being strong in the face of adversity, to be honest i dont.

@taytay1623 Yeah, agree completely, no one would notice if i die except my pets and family too, also i get the same as you, no one try to stay in contact with me, dont care anymore, i gave up on friendships, but my family is ok, and i dont really feel alone because of that, you dont need to feel bad because of a bunch of idiots dont care about you, also i never ever had a gf, sometimes i wish i had one, one kind of girl that i would love to meet, but i doubt that will happen, im used to being alone anyway :/

@lgchinadragon I dnt have any friends, except online, and because i met them here, and really few from other website (4 or 5 girls which i rarely talk to), and yeah ive never talked to anyone of them (not even family) or steam “friends” or “friendquaintances” (people i know irl that arent really my friends) about who i really am or my problems, only talked a little about this to some people i met here, but i really dont have many people i met here being my friends.

“I deal with a demon-like person in my head every day and I feel different, or at least set apart from the norm” I dont really understood that, sorry, but yeah, i have complex beliefs or problems that you wouldnt understand either anyway.

I also have terrible social skills and mainly keep to myself too, but im damn proud of being a loner and antisocial and misantrophist (except with nice people), but yeah i get social anxiety from time to time too, specially if it was someone id like to know for some reason.

There’s not that much in common between my friends and I other than school with me too, not that i care to relate myself to the masses and “normal” shallow idiots :/ really i like being me, i dont like “normal” people and their shallowness and narrowmindness, but yeah, would be nice to meet nice trusthworthy people, too bad they are rare.