marianna said 10 years, 3 months ago:

exploring the concept of why women allow married men use them for sex, even though they know deep in their hearts these men never leave, and in the main, become extremely hurt and damaged.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Truthfully, I have to contest the concept of “using”.

In a love affair and all involved in it, there are two parties satisfying their own need for love, affection, or sexual pleasure. In an equal partnership it is a win-win situation, even if there is no long-term commitment involved. Therefore, I would say that most women do not care to be a wife to the man in question.

Those whoever who strive commitment to an already committed man (or woman, let’s face it, this thing goes bothways), suffer from a delusion. It is in a way madness, since they are performing one and the same action, expecting different results. “What if I wear this tonight? What if I make him dinner? Will he finally realise I am good enough for him?”

On the subconscious level, it could go as far as daddy (or mummy) issues. A man looking like one’s father could trigger emotions of abandonment or loss, which would make us pursue him endlessly, trying to prove that we are good enough.