justkeepswimming said 4 years, 4 months ago:

And feeling guilty about it when I shouldn’t be. I am a singer/songwriter from Chicago trying to make it in the music industry. A lot of the time, I feel helpless. I love my alone time, my comfort zone; I spent a lot of time in my head. While many of my other friends who are committing to the industry by going out, networking, showing off their distinct personalities, I find myself doing the same thing: either choosing to stay home and sleep, or go out and hardly socialize…thinking too hard…thinking that every move I make is being judged negatively. Most of the time, if someone asks me to go out, I lie and say that I have some other commitment, or I’m feeling sick…something that makes it seem like I’m already tied down. I don’t want to have to lie. I don’t want to keep feeling back for liking a quiet life. I don’t understand why I can’t pursue a music career as an introvert. I have too many emotions running through my head and it’s exhausting. Any advice?

Kdog said 4 years, 2 months ago:

First of all, it’s 100% okay to be an introvert! I may not feel as guilty as you, but I know how introverts feel, as I am one of them. Just keep doing what you’re doing, and talk about it with your friends. If they’re true friends, they’ll understand.