Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I honestly have been able to meet and help so many amazing people on this site….but I don’t understand how someone can come on here and make a joke out of it. I understand it’s an open site, but if you’re looking to find your soulmate then I feel like match.com might be a better option.

Panda said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi Brooke :)

I honestly think that every community has a couple bad apples here and there.

You are absolutely right about other alternatives like Match.com, haha but then again we are talking about 12 year old’s that like to jerk off and laugh at people that are depressed.

The strong will always swallow the weak, and that’s certainly true in this case.

What’s important is to remember there’s always a “flag” option on the bottom right corner, the more people report a specific person; the more he/she will be blocked from the site.

Oh! Always remember! :D @ohhiasaurus

haha your response just made my day. The thing that actually inspired this post was the fact that I flagged 3 people in one hour. It’s just a pet peeve I suppose when people decide to use every website they can go on as a dating site. But I’m glad to know I’m not alone! (:

rinseandrep said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Thank you for your work keeping the community clean. :)

Logseman said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That meme should say “median” instead of “average”.

I know it’s not a significant contribution, but it had to be put out there.

Outoftheblues said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Really? People actually used blahtherapy as a way to find dates and worse yet, troll people? (facepalms). Not cool at all. I’m glad you blocked these people.

I do believe people that are venters or even listeners confuse relationships. I always think of the word “transference” I learned in my psych. class which is normal but can be creepy when someone asks for my personal number and expects me to be their girlfriend for a week. Is it bad that I expect it now? lol.

Like just because I’m here for venters, no one should expect some “action” from anyone especially if they’re not psychologically sound.

Philosophical Mud said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I mostly feel sorry for the ones who do that to me. Sexual feelings are natural, but sexual obsession is a real problem. Those that laugh are also likely suffering from some problems, because, no human being has no problems. But, I will try to remember to flag them from now on.

FlowerInTheThorns said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve seen trolls, and the effects the trolls have on people here, I haven’t seen anyone trying to chat anyone up luckily but wow, if I see any I’ll flag ‘em down

I dunno I’ve exchanged contact info with a lot of really cool people on this site. It’s kind of scary how fast you can form deep connections with people after sharing all sorts of really personal stuff.

Though I agree trolling, being overly sexual, and pushing for a relationship/number when the other person isn’t interested is definitely not cool.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Man we all no people who troll, will troll:)

No point losing your head over it!! Chill Out Girl!

Sunny Snowflake said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I haven’t had any venters troll me, yet. Mostly people just vanishing on me. I kind of worry about them though, like maybe they are so upset they can’t put what they need to say into words.