Rhelena said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Excuse me if any of this is overdramatic, but it sort of is important to me, so yeah..
I’m dating this guy, I’ve been dating him for two months or three. He’s beginning to neglect me, and it’s a bit funny because before we were even dating, he treated me better. He would hold my hand, call me on Skype everyday, hug me, pet my head, everything like that.
After we began dating, he still did some of that every once in a while, but not as often as he used to, and eventually, the calls stopped, the hand holding stopped, and then the interaction slowly died off entirely for a few days, then he would find me again and put a bit of interaction like hugging and cuddling and small talk.

But right now, we’re both silent. People had asked him if he liked anyone at this point, and he ignored the question. Didn’t remind them he was dating me, and didn’t say he liked anyone. It’s odd, he was always prideful about dating me or anything with me, so.. Why?
Like.. Is it normal for someone that’s told you they love you to change that easily within two months? I haven’t seen it happen before, so.. Yeah. And the worst part is, he’s never been most honest with me. He’s always been most honest with one of my closest friends, and I don’t want to bother either of them. I just don’t know what to do or make out of this situation, really..

PhilophobicHeart said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I get you, Rhelena.
Well, to start off, as much as I can tell from your point of view, you must feel lonely, right? Well, something definitely has changed between you two, as you can tell. And sometimes things do change, and worse still, without you even noticing. Maybe you could talk to him? Like, ask him if something is bothering him? Or where this relationship is going? Because if you don’t talk, you’ll never know what’s wrong. Try doing all the little things he used to do. Try reminding him of things that started your relationship. For example, play your song when you’re with him, reminisce about your past times, how it all began. Maybe that will ignite something in him. But I guess the talking needs to be done, because otherwise it’s all just a big blur.
Good luck, I hope things work out. :)

MichaelValentine said 9 years, 5 months ago:

He’s drifting into complacency. People, and unfortunately most of the time Men, have the tendency to stop putting in the effort once they have what they’ve been seeking. Believe me. The thrill is in the chase, and once the prey’s been caught, there’s no excitement anymore. There’s no anticipation of reaching a goal. Real love and affection transcends the chase and continues into keeping what you have, so you don’t lose it. If this guy isn’t doing anything to make sure what he wanted doesn’t slip away, then that just shows how little he thinks of your relationship.

Now you’re at a crossroads. Your choices? Talk to him, and ask him what he really wants out of this. Or tell him that there’s no real relationship anymore and it’s not working.