With summer fast approaching, what are some of your favorite things to do in the summertime?
First off the best thing about spring is my rain and even more, the start of softball! Can’t get enough of playing softball. I also enjoy camping. Love me my smores. Then fishing and swimming!
Summer! I’m headed to the beach or pool side! Because my best hobby is lounging around looking pretty.
Last year I was at home riding horses but now that it’s back to work and back to business it’s time to dust off the bikini and catch some sun.
Hopefully I’ll hit my 10 novel goal for the year early!
@swifting I wish there was beaches around here to lounge on! Sounds nice. What novels are you reading?
@daddysgirl I have these 10 ready to go some packed and others on my nook.
1. Khaled Hosseini – And the Mountains Echoed
2. Clive Barker – The Great and Secret Show (gift from @xantxant)
3. Sarah Dunant – The Birth of Venus
4. Neil Gaiman – American Gods
5. Corneilia Funke – Inkheart
6. Sherri Reynolds – The Rapture of Canaan
7. Geoffery Chaucer – Canterbury Tales
8. Rebecca Kohn – The Guilded Chamber
9. Vivian Vande Velde – Companions of the Night
10. Nicolas Sparks – A Walk to Remember
I of course will be keeping up with Cosmopolitan too. Got to love my monthly bible.
To just have a Summertime that doesn’t consist of rain, sleet, hail etc would be a result.
England, I love you so.
@swifting I love Nicolas Sparks, although I must admit I am not much of a reader, but sometime I would like to read a couple of his books.
@wheaty I love the rain to no end! But a whole summer with sleet and hail would suck. Then sun has to shine sometime.
@daddysgirl me too! I miss the rain in the summer. (Although in my new clime I will most likely still get some rain this summer.)
I guess my favorite things about summer are hiking, and less clothing on women.
As long as we’re doing reading lists,
1. Imajica – Clive Barker (re-read)
2. Dune – Frank Herbert (as soon as my friend finishes and lends it to me)
3. The Nex – Tim Pratt; sort of a YA fantasy by an author I like
4. Space Eldritch – Anthology (including one by Howard Tayler who publishes Schlock Mercenary); horror sci-fi
I do most of the classics: hiking, grilling, swimming, etc. In addition, August has been “home improvement month” the last few years. As for my reading list:
The Great Gatsby (before I see the movie)
Zorba the Greek
Everything by Brandon Sanderson since last year
Dodger by Terry Pratchett
Taxonomy of Talmudic Logic by M.C. Luzzatto (yeah, sounds like loads of fun)
Inkwell by S. Ganzfried (not in any way to be confused with Inkwell by Cornelia Funke)
Starship Trooper by Robert A. Heinlein (reread)
Dune by Frank Herbert
Summer is deathly hot where I live, so I usually hang around doing indoor-stuff if it’s too hot to go outside. Otherwise, I love biking and hiking in the summer.
Summer nights are the BEST, so I love being outside during the summer. I like to write outside on summer nights.
@blackdog Oh I love grilling too. That is a good one. There is nothing better than a nice grilled steak. Yummy @mars I love laying down and looking up at the stars on summer nights. That is the best.