happybunny said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Anyone have any crazy bright ideas on how to get this app on the road

Deleted User said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I thought of some things for the application:
after the login page,
-The user will see the What’s New feed. The user can scroll up and down to view statuses and updates and can even comment and fav. statuses
-There will be a menu when the user swipes to the left. The user can select different sections i.e. What’s New, Q-n-A, Groups, Help etc. (think of the menu like the menu in the popular game QuizUp)
-For Q-n-A there will be the questions with three tabs on top: Questions, Unanswered and Ask a question. The user can browse the questions by scrolling up and down and when the user reaches the last question, the next set of questions will load beneath it, hence the user wont have to click on next page.
The user can Answer a Question and also rate the question and users can rate the answers.
(Now that I think, it seems that I am just describing the pages of BlahTherapy to a new comer :P )

I think you get the point. The pages on the site would be converted to Tabs on the application and the user will access it through swipes and tabs and other gestures.

The only difficult thing to implement would be the chat system since it is a dynamic thing whereas all the other pages are static.
:)

hardstyle4life said 5 years, 1 month ago:

@karanshah29 Hello, I saw you mentioned that all other pages except for the chat are static but as far as I know pages with content loaded from a database are dynamic? Yeah I am a software/web developer/student :)
I think its a very good idea though! I have this app (thehackernews) and I think that menu is very good. Like when you slide the page to the right, a menu appears on the left :D

NicNac said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I think it’s a good idea. Now, it’s a matter of getting the word out there to see who really is interested in having an app. This Forum group is a great place to start, thus, get more people to join. Start creating topics that outline the questions: WHY do you people feel like this would be a good idea, HOW would it benefit the people of BlahTherapy, as well as the company, WHO is going to create the app, WHAT would the purposes of the app be. etc etc etc.. Once these are all kind of outlined, start sending messages to the developers and admins. And be persistent about it. Have all the supporters get involved to take a stand to get the app created. :) I think it’s a great idea though.

I definitely think an app is something to work towards in the future, but before that is done, I think the site itself should be optimized for mobile platforms. You know, how if you go to something like facebook or twitter from your browser it loads a mobile version? Well, just like that, and then once an app is made then there can be a popup suggesting you use the app instead.

I don’t mean to be the bad guy here, but recruiting people who simply want an app won’t make a difference. I’ve been on blah for quite some time and A LOT of people already wish for one, the owner knows this. It’s a matter of building the program for an app and/or everything that goes along with making a mobile friendly site. The want is already here. The resources to make it are not, as far as I’m aware.

BlahTherapy said 5 years, 1 month ago:

@eliaras well put!

FusianNexion said 4 years, 10 months ago:

look up appshed friend me and you can join my dev team

Jay Dasondi said 4 years, 1 month ago:

I developed an app for Blah Therapy, but I don’t have money to upload it on Google Play I developed it for Android Platform. I am giving you links if you want to use this app.

http://files.appsgeyser.com/blahtherapy.apk?dl=true

To be honest I am 18 years old and my parents won’t allow me to upload this app on Google Play.

Your antivirus will prove that it’s not an virus. And please give feedback if it works.