Imperfect Wallflower said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I want someone who will understand me, But anytime someone shows interest its always the type of guy that I know is just a player (“wanna be thugs”). My mom says that I’m gonna be single forever because I’m too mean to guys, I know she’s kidding but she’s right. I don’t know what to do, I’m not confident enough to actually try to go for someone I like and anyone that shows interest in me it’s not mutual.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I am not here to tell you WHY you are single, but for love to happen, it just does. sometimes it will be a forever, sometimes it won’t.. maybe we push away not only boys, but anyone because simply we all just want someone to love us, and when we do receive the slightest of mutual or not feeling, we either push it away, keep it, or simply take it for granted . it’s not always about who understands you the most, it is who stands by your side no matter what… ( personally, i don’t know if this helped or even related to your post.. it’s just what I thought of at first… )

Cory said 10 years, 3 months ago:

The key is to find happiness with yourself first:) Having a bf/gf is a small part of life, but if you make yt more important than it is, you’ll come off as desperate, which is a major turn off to guys :/ Maybe focus on other aspects of your life right now?

becausemeagan said 10 years, 3 months ago:

LOL I find this situation to be so relevant to what I use to feel. About a year and a half ago, I was so single. I thought love was never going to happen. Then I met this guy. I never EVER pictured him with me. It wasnt because i didnt think of him as attractive but I just saw him more as a friend. And I actually thought he was boring. However, he was sweet and loving. And one day he gave me all the reasons I should be with him. And I stopped looking at him as a friend but more than a friend. I tend to find love with people who seem good on the outside but suck on the inside. And I think some times people are blinded and dont give people a chance that they deserve.

Sean Kennedy said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Sometimes finding the right person can be the most difficult part of someone’s life I know it can be hard but I know that you WILL someone wether it would be tomorrow or five years from now. Hell, I waited 17 years to find my true love and I can’t be more happier in my life and you will too!

anne said 10 years, 3 months ago:

rupaul puts it nicely: If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?

TheRedKoiFish said 10 years, 3 months ago:

You should be able to not have to rely on someone else for your happiness. A relationship is to benefit both of you, but hopefully you both are independent alone, otherwise it might unbalance and crumble. But the answer to your question? Because you’re looking.

Ele@nor said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Me to, its really hard to find “the guy”, but you know. Its not because your mean. Some guys are idiots. My mom jokes with me, about being picky. But its not that at all, I’m just not attracted to the guys who likes me. like you say, when some guy then likes you, he turn to be an ass. It will come, we are just lucky, because when he then comes around, he will be the one.

imdown said 10 years, 3 months ago:

If you set your standards high the pigs cant jump to reach it. Let the rest stare from their pen. Someday you will find him but until then there is nothing wrong with waiting. So wait. until then, have a blast with your life. Loving a single person is great and all. But you can love the rest of the world in many different ways. You will find your love eventually but there’s no rush really.

Kyle said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with Koi a bit. I’m not sure why but every time I have found a nice girl it was when I wasn’t looking. I think when I was it was too obvious or something. It seemed like I was going for people who were too idealized. I’d meet someone and think “hey they’re great” but in hindsight it wasn’t true at all. My judgement was too clouded because I just wanted to be with someone (anyone!!) Hahah when I decided that looking was too much effort and I needed to focus on myself most of my significant relationships were founded.

And it was really random, girls I wouldn’t have expected to be with. Remember: the goal isn’t to find someone that accepts you because you don’t want to be just tolerated. Find someone who helps you grow :)

Buli said 10 years, 2 months ago:

It’s pretty normal, I’m a guy and i’m shy myself, Being teenage makes it way harder, If you show interest in someone, I mean you really like him, Convince yourself to go up and tell him what do you feel inside and that way you will love and get your one.

junichiroe said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Love is hard to find and harder to keep its a game that needs a thousand quarters.

Staceylou said 10 years, 2 months ago:

The thing I’ve noticed about love actively seeking it doesn’t usually end well. After my first love left me, I was desperate to find someone to love me, he never did.

I had such low self-esteem and would get attached to people who weren’t too nice. The first guy seemed into me and first, then changed his mind and stopped talking to me. The second was lovely at first, but would then start calling me names, then act as if it never happened.

I gave up trying, accepted I needed time to accept myself, I started talking to my current boyfriend daily for a year, we decided to meet up and have been an item for quite some time now. I love him, he’s one of better influences to walk into my life for many years. He’s accepting and I know I can talk to him about anything.

I don’t know if this will be happily ever after but right now I hope it will be. Never give up, love will find you.

Deleted User said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Lest it seems forced, love is not something we have to find. It comes our way, in its time, when we are ready to give a part of ourselves.

Modest Butter said 10 years, 2 months ago:

so what kind of love are we talking about here? because i am also having a hard time finding love, i didn’t really have high standards, all i know is what im looking for is one of those, she’ll love me for who i am stuff