bbblife42 said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Hey my name is Ben and I am 15 (still) so there is a girl I have liked for about a year now, and before anyone jumps to any conclusions let me explain. Some people may have seen posts before this about this girl, her name is Abby. Anyway, last year I decided to be bold and the Monday after valentine’s day I gave her a rose, and she seemed like she liked it a lot and she smiled at me in the halls a lot. But of course I am a wimp so I did not do anything after that, and did not really talk to her a ton. Anyway, so now it is this year and she still smiled at me in the hall some but we did not have any classes together. However, I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and he said he knew her. So she still knows I like her because of my friend a bit, but that is actually a good thing, anyhow, I sent a note through my friend to her today since I hardly ever see her. So anyway this being high school basically someone stole it and the whole class read it lol, but it was good because one of her friends read it and she said she thought it was sweet. But so obviously I am going to wait a few days to wait and see how she responds, but if she doesn’t do anything what should I do? And do you think what I did is the right thing? And what else should I do? Just kinda help me out here. And my friend does say he thinks she wants to get to know me better.

MoonlightEquilibrium said 9 years, 4 months ago:

You did the right thing by trying to talk to her even through a note. She likes you, take it from me, if she’s smiling at you and was happy with your romantic gesture earlier.

And this point, you have nothing to lose. You’ve already made your feelings known (to more than a few). She obviously knows you like her. Maybe you are scared of out right rejection but I think if that was going to happen then you wouldn’t get any attention from her, not even a smile. She would probably be avoiding eye contact if she had no interest in you at all.

At the very least, she will want to be friends. I know it’s hard to find the right context and opportunity to talk. It’s always awkward at that age.

Do you know anything about her? Her tastes in music, movies, books, sports, games, whatever? If you you have a common interest the easiest way to approach someone is to ask them and talk about that interest. If you can get her on Facebook/online somehow even. Just some way to get the conversation started. Once you get to know each other better, get more comfortable as friends (there will always be romantic tension in friendships like these) then you can make a more direct romantic gesture.

I wouldn’t wait on her since it’s been a while already. Talk to her first chance you get. It’s hard but stick with it, confidence isn’t something most of us naturally have, like anything it takes practise and persistence.

Hopefully, you will talk to her more and become friends and then you can take it from there. Good luck!