Friendly Lemon said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I am curious as to what girls first see in guys that attract them. After being told by a number of girls they had crushes on me the first time they met me, I want to know what it is that makes guys appealing to girls.

Maddie said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Generally, girls look for guys with good personalities. They might look for a sense of humor or compassion. It varies from girl to girl. Sure girls might like you if you’re what they think attractive, but most look deeper. They might be attracted to your personality.

Deleted User said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Personality definitely. Girls want to know the guy is kind or funny. They need to think that they can have a connection with them. No point dating a super attractive guy and his personality is bad, that’s not going to be fun.

Megs said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Sense of humor is almost always the biggest thing. And kindness is always attractive.

Strawberry said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I agree with the others; personality. One may find someone attractive but a bad personality is a real downer. Ability to hold good conversations and maybe actually put effort into it is always a great thing. It really depends on the situation as well as the girl though.

SJayJay said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Of course, I admit the first thing I look at are his looks ( if I dont know him yet). But if I get to know him and he has a horrible personality, he would never be an option. Personally guus who are gentlemen, kind to everyone, smart and have a great sense of humor are the ones i fall for. LOOKS ATTRACT BUT PERSONALITY CAPTIVATES :)

Friendly Lemon said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Hmm @sjayjay, that was definitely a good answer. I know the other things (no offence meant to anyone else). Can you specify what about the looks draws attention first? No worries if you don’t want.

SJayJay said 8 years, 3 months ago:

oh..well guys who are tall and have great bodies are attractive but also those who have cute smiles hehe @ruthlessmate

Red Sheep said 8 years, 2 months ago:

If you mean the first thing we see in a guy’s appearance, I would probably go for the hair. We’re not talking if I would hook up with a guy just because he has beautiful hair, no, but I really love long or curly hair (or both) in a guy. And the second thing I see are the hands, hahaha, don’t ask why.

Coolsoda said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Gotta agree with Red Sheep first I’ll notice if they have good hair, then eye expressions (you can tell alot about a guy by their eye expressions, I swear :) then physique. This of course all takes place in a manner of seconds when you haven’t had even said anything but the moment you do, I notice intelligence, and not just smart, but smart funny. I think about what kind of person you are, and your sense of humor. Overall I like intelligence and a wry dark, sense of humor. But if I had to guess why girls like you I’d say just by your question, and you being here, your probably a sensitive person and a really good listener. We women love that, it makes you more relateable/better boyfriend material. Also your probably easy to talk too, considering most girls don’t just say that to guys,so they must feel comfortable with you. I think that’s the real secret good luck ;)

SJayJay said 8 years, 2 months ago:

I agree with red sheep I LOVE long or curly hair something I forgot to add

Friendly Lemon said 8 years, 2 months ago:

So long hair? And curly hair? I always thought I was cursed for having slightly long, curly hair. @pepperman that is a really detailed answer and very interesting for relating it back to me, it does make me consider so thank you very much for your input!

Coolsoda said 8 years, 2 months ago:

No problem it’s what I’m here for! And again it depends, I find more artistically inclined, abstract/edgier pretty much indier type girls tend to prefer guys with longer fuller feminine hair, while more american apple pie cheerleader types like it cropped and soldier esque. I have a theory :) that deep down we like the opposite sex version of how we view ourselves, and that makes sense because love and lust is all about finding someone who will accept us and whom we can relate too, and whats more relatable than our very own version of ourselves?! The answer is nothing :D ! Anyways just mild observation, personally yes, I love guys with great long hair, curlys fine because it usually means volume, but don’t sweat it, the right girl will love you for what you are. I had way too much fun responding to this, thanks for the great question F.L.