CatWithScissors said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I have a friend who I used to talk to a lot over Skype. We don’t live in the same city so I can’t talk to her face to face. I posted a question last week about this particular person, I’m sure you will be able to find it if you want some more information. Basically, this girl has been consistently ignoring me for no reason, and when I asked her about it, she said she hasn’t been & I took her word for it, but still didn’t trust her. We started talking since then, and now she’s ignoring me yet again, doing the same things she did previously: going offline instantly on Skype when I message her, and seeing my messages and then not replying. She is not “busy.”

The first time she did this, I thought I would give her at least a chance: maybe she was having some problems with her boyfriend or family? Maybe I had said something inadvertently (Which I didn’t)? But the second time? I can’t just give her the benefit of the doubt, not again. Should I just decide that she’s not worth my time & make another friend, or should I keep trying to talk to her?

Hearmenow said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I’d suggest to not jump to any conclusions just yet… then again you know her better than I do, being able to realize when she does something that seems out of character. Maybe try reaching out to her again and ask her about it.

Also, no matter how this plays out, I still think it could be a good idea to socialize with some new people, don’t focus all your energy on one person. The more the merrier, right?

Good luck!

rinseandrep said 10 years, 1 month ago:

If she doesn’t reply to your last communication, don’t message her for a while and give her space. You did the right thing and asked what was the problem, she didn’t say there was one, you did your part.