Junels said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi everyone !

I will try to make this short: I had considerable problems with my family (my father beat us and I had to take care of my mother who was reacting like a child to the situation).

I live with a great friend of mine (I am a girl and he is a boy) and he told me repeatedly that I could trust him and tell him about anything I want or need to talk about. I do trust him but it is still hard for me to open up. Especially because I have a crush on him. I am scared my story might scare him away. I do trust him, and he is a very rational mand, I don’t think he would ever dislike me because of something that happened to me, but still, I am worried it might damage our relation… and well, I am scared he might never be able to think of me as a girlfriend because I have this heavy past and maybe he won’t want to have a girlfriend with such issues in her past.

What do you think ?

Christine said 9 years, 3 months ago:

If it’s hard to open up to him about such a huge part of your life, you should start with little things, and when you feel confident enough to tell him your story, you tell him. Also, if he thinks of you differently, it isn’t worth your time to like him. I don’t think he would think of you differently, because if he likes you, then he truly will not care about how bad your past may be.