Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

@lxj1976

I don’t see how I was being arrogant. I was just asking you what made you hate males. In my comment I noted that I understand if you’ve had bad experiences with males. It definitely seems like this is a sensitive topic for you and if you’d like we can stop here then. But I still wonder why you’d hate someone without knowing them.

I haven’t judged you at all, I just asked why you think this way. You’re very quick to dismiss me and assume I’m trying to attack you. But it’s your choice, if you’re not comfortable talking about this topic then so be it.

SJayJay said 9 years, 1 month ago:

actually my friend is a feminist but that I actually get pissed of at her sometimes especially when she says a long rant about how girls are better than men then she would conclude it saying we are all equal….and im just like you dont make sense:/. Modern feminism has become more like that. You can even notice it in music like that song “who run the world GIRLS!!!~~”. The only celebrity that supports feminism that I like is Emma Watsons. But I dont agree with the thing you said about women actually having it better because of the rape things and more. I think men and women are still not equal but it depends on the situation. For example, in this situation women are treated fairly while men arent. But in another situation its vice versa

Strawberry said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I’ve been following this post all day now. I would simply like to point out that like all groups, there will always be some “extremists”. Personally, I’m a feminist and I believe that feminism is equality. Some might argue that the fact that it is called “Feminism” might be hinting towards misandry, but that shouldn’t be the case. How can you jump straight from being oppressed to trying to oppress men?

Yes, there are different people with different views of feminism. However, to say that feminism is no longer required is simply outrageous. Maybe there aren’t women whose bodies are being mutilated for baring their skin. However, the pay gap is still a serious issue. Knowing that a man and a woman work in the same position with the same qualifications and yet the woman earns only 78 cents to every dollar that the man earns..

Compared to Sudan or other places, some countries might have more equality. But like I said, that still doesn’t mean that feminism isn’t required anymore in the *relatively* egalitarian places.

I know that feminism might mean “man hating” to some, but feminism really started out as equality and still means equality (in my opinion). Referring to some “feminists” who believe that feminism= man hating might lead to hasty generalizations.

I think feminism, at the end of the day refers to equality and rights and in my opinion, it is still very important and needed everywhere.
I am still learning about this issue and I just wanted to share what I thought.
I’m not trying to put words into anyone’s mouth here.

Weeb Trash said 9 years, 1 month ago:

@yourlostlove The reason Feminism is commonly associated with hate speech is because the movement that calls itself Feminism today is full of hatred, regardless of what that word originally meant. But, thank you for being one of the only sane feminists I’ve ever met.

But, I do have to say this. The pay gap theory was debunked.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303532704579483752909957472

Yes I agree not all but alot of femininazi have hate for man I’ve seen countless feminists online say some of the most hateful thing’s about man

I have a feeling one day some nazi feminist will go around saying if a woman is pregnant the child is a boy she should abort the child smh.

It’s ridiculous you can’t even say a women looks pretty in front of some of these nazi feminist because they will say “you’re a disgusting pig who is trying to have sexual fantasies with this women for calling her pretty” yet if a girl calls a man hot or cute no problem? LOL not all rem are insane like that but I’ve seen some that are

I guess so, however, there are still many others who share similar beliefs as mine. Its a shame you’ve only come across feminists who associate the idea to equal man hating. I really do hope you come across feminists who believe it to be equality rather than superiority of one gender.

I tried to open the article but unfortunately I need a subscription to read the full thing. ._. However, I did find an article on Time: http://time.com/3222543/5-feminist-myths-that-will-not-die/ that sort of explains this issue.
And this too: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html

(both by the same person)
and then there is this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-gender-pay-gap/2014/07/25/9e5cff34-fcd5-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html They’re dated differently though.

The thing is, there are so many studies on this issue and they seem to contradict one another. It is so difficult to decide what is credible and what isn’t. I’ll be sure to research into this.

Even if the pay gap theory was indeed a myth, there are still other issues that require feminism. I think that the issue here is about the definition of feminism rather than anything else. People are defining it differently (giving it extremely contrasting meanings even) and that is just making it difficult.

At the end of the day no sex is better then the other everyone man or woman is human there are things man are good at and there are things women are good at I man needs a women to have a child a women needs a man to have a child even if the man was gay and adopted a child that child came from a women and even if a woman was a lesbian and she wanted to have a baby naturally she would still need to go to a doctor and have the doctor insert sperm from a sperm donor in order for her to get pregnant we all need eachother we all came from eatchother let’s just b one the human race

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 1 month ago:

@echostorm209 How much feminism have you even been exposed to? Have you been to anywhere else than tumblr? I find it hard to believe that the only feminists you’ve met are feminazis yet you say that she is the only sane feminist you’ve met. Men hating feminist extremists are a tiny minority just like, say, extreme green peace activists and I think it’s sad that your view of the entire modern feministic movement is based entirely on the encounters with a very small portion of it. Although maybe you are not, maybe you have met plenty of reasonable feminists and you just write them off as feminazis from the start.

I’ve met plenty of Feminists, it’s just most were out of their minds. The vast majority were man-hating psychopaths. It’s nice to see that there are sane ones though, as in *not* borderline fascists.

Anti-FeministFrank said 9 years, 1 month ago:

My main beef with feminism is the constant double standards.
Rinseandrep (not picking on you, just you said it first here), you said the not all feminists are like that (extremist). I totally agree, i’ve met feminists who are quite clear with what they want and why and are reasonable.
But its somehow totally ok for feminists to say that all guys will rape given the chance and make huge generalisations and then say a guy is supporting rape culture when he says that not all men are rapists. wtf? Does that mean a feminist is by default supporting extreme feminism by saying that not all feminists are like that?

I also have a huge issue with the way feminism totally ignores men’s issues or men’s side of the issue. Assault in the streets is twice as likely to happen to guys yet who is more afraid?

Society is pretty screwed, i don’t know how to fix it but i sure as hell can see that feminism isn’t helping in the slightest.

@anti-feministfrank It isn’t okay for feminists to say that all men rape given the chance. I dunno about others but I believe that feminists realize that one can’t make such a poor hasty generalization. Feminism stands for equality.

As for ignoring men’s side of the issue, that shouldn’t be the case either. As I mentioned earlier, although come might argue that the name “Feminism” might be hinting towards misandry, that isn’t it. Oppression of any sort is unacceptable be it happening to men or women. (I’m not trying to say that male and female are the only genders either.)

That being said, I urge you to try considering the context of the Feminist Movement and how it all started. Remember, this was when women did not have the right to vote. And even when they were granted the right, it was for women over 30 with other different conditions.
Issues like the defeat of the Amendment and others happened as well.
Now, taking into consideration all of this, try to think of Feminism. It started out (and I believe it still is) advocating for equal rights.
As a feminist, I have never chosen to ignore men’s issues or men’s side of the issue (at least, I don’t think I have). I acknowledge the fact that male objectification exists. I acknowledge the fact that men can be abused or discriminated against as well. These are just a few example issues, and I know that there are many more that men struggle against.
“Assault in the streets is twice as likely to happen to guys yet who is more afraid?”
I dont know the source you’re referring to when you say this so I can’t make comments on this regard.
Its sad to realize that you feel like feminists totally ignore such things related to what men face though.

As a teen girl, I have lost count of how many times I have been groped at, heard people make vulgar comments about my body, etc. I’m not saying this doesn’t happen to men, and neither am I trying to imply that this is a bigger issue than anything else. However, when I talk to any female classmate, almost of them admit to having had such encounters at least once in their lives. And when I talk to my male classmates, hardly anyone really talks about issues like being assaulted at or stuff like that. I dunno about other places, but where I live, I think that because there aren’t many people who talk about this, people who are struggling against it feel like less attention is being given to it. I dunno if less males talk about this because less have experienced it or if its because society has made it out so that the males need to conform to stereotypes of being brave or some other reason.
But as a feminist, I really think that both men and women should be looked at fairly and both should be able to talk about all these issues.
Men shouldn’t be made to feel like feminism totally ignores men’s issues or men’s side of the issue.
That being said, I wanted to remind you that different places have different social situations. So try to consider that when you refer to society (in your last line; how feminism isn’t helping in the slightest) because believe me, that isn’t really the case.

I apologize for any typos I might have made in the post above.

There is an edit button if you discover any typos. I make them quite frequently and don’t realize it until AFTER I’ve already posted.

And I would love to believe that Feminism isn’t completely fucked. That would restore my faith in humanity, to be honest. It’s just that the only time I hear about Feminism, it’s usually a useless protest rife with disgusting mob mentality, or senseless hatred in numerous forms.

The system fucks over everybody in one way or another. It shouldn’t be men vs. women, or women, vs. society, but rather everyone vs. the fucked up way things are handled.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Thread cleaned up, please address your beef with personal choices of lxj1976 in other places. Keep a decent behavior.

Yes, I guess at the end, that’s really what it is. Everything is screwed up.

This was a nice discussion. I don’t usually get to talk about stuff like this so yeah.

Take care.