Deleted User said 9 years ago:

This one goes out the the guys. Girls, feel free to answer as well.
My question is: What do you guys look for in girls?
I’m turning 21 in a couple months and I’ve never been in a real relationship. I’ve dated one other guy and he all at once decided he liked nothing about me and it was over like that. That really took its toll on me.
Here’s why I ask: A lot of people ask why I’m not and why I’ve never been in a relationship. They always say stuff like, “You can cook, you can clean, you’re cute, you’re funny, you have a sense of humor and you love to play video games. How are you single?!” To be honest, it’s getting old. The kids I grew up with, I’ve found out, are placing bets on when I’ll get married. They’ve also placed bets on which of them will get married before I do… And they’re all boys.
Anyways, long story short, what is it exactly that you guys look for in girls? Just curious. :)

NotSafeForTwerk said 9 years ago:

That is a hard one to answer, honestly. Sense of humor is a must, thats for sure.

rinseandrep said 9 years ago:

I can see how that is annoying, it’s like they are asking you what is wrong with you.

Out of curiosity, assuming that you go out and put yourself in a position to have people approach you, did anyone ask you out in the past 6 months? How did it go?

Prasanth said 9 years ago:

That’s a pretty complicated question…
but me personally like to be with a women who can understand me. I guess that what most of us want. Obviously there will not be any list of requirements. Even if you have any, when you meet the right person, they just be come unimportant. There is no hurry to find one right now. May be he is searching for you too…

big pipsqueak said 9 years ago:

I’m pleasantly surprised that no one answered anything about looks. There obviously has to be an attraction, but I’m happy that people realize that there’s more to a woman than her looks.

NotSafeForTwerk said 9 years ago:

Ok, first off, my mistake on not thoroughly reading this through. I apologize. Second, don’t change for anyone, and certainly don’t let people pressure you into a relationship. Too often in our society now we think that our lives aren’t complete without another person to be with and that is a horrid lie. If you don’t feel you are ready, you shouldn’t force yourself (or let other people make you feel like you need to force yourself) to find someone.
You’re still young, Alyssa, focus on yourself. Focus on your schooling, your career, your hobbies. what makes you happy? Figure out the person you are, the person you want to be, before shouldering the responsibility of figuring someone else out. When you rush in, chances are, things aren’t going to turn out well. You sound like a sweet gal, and when the time is right you will find someone who appreciates you for you, not just the things you do.
I realize this sounds kind of Halmark-ish, but from someone who tried to force love one too many times, take your time there is no need to rush. I just wish someone gave me this advice before it was too late for me.
And about your friends placing bets? To me that doesn’t sound like friends. Just my opinion, though.

Garcia899 said 9 years ago:

Great sense of humour, easy to talk to, not selfish….in whatever order

Anti-FeministFrank said 9 years ago:

It’s a very vague question because everyone is different.
Me personally would want someone who has a sense of humour, is honest, loyal and empathetic but also into being outdoors and travel because thats a big part of who I am.

@littlepipsqueak – re: Looks
“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl

Blue Skies said 9 years ago:

For starters, feel entirely free to ignore any peer pressure.You do not need to get into a relationship just because your buddies think you should or taht its cool.

Second, a partner braking off a relatinship is never nice. Him doing it by syaing taht he “liks nothing about you” was prety horible on his part. He must have ben feling very angry for some reason, probably you had little to do with it.

If you had a bad experience with your first relationship, please not let this defin the way you look at guys and relationships as a whole. Not all of us are like your ex. Men are very different from one another, just like women are.

Last for your final question… that depends.
When I was a teenagr with no job and still studying, It was not particularly important for me to find women who are independant, stable financially and ready for a long-term relationship. That was simply because I know that at that point in my life, I had no room for starting a family of my own yet.

Now it is diferent. I’d say now I’m looking for someone who has a similar set of beliefs and a similar lifestyle than I have. Someone who would understand me and someone who would just enjoy spending free time with me.

I’d be a hypocrite if I said that atraction plays no role. If I’m not at all attracted to someone, I’m fine with being friends but a sex life is an inhrent part of relationship to me. So I will not start a relationship with someone who i’m not at all attracted to. Having said that this is NOT the most important factor. I’d gladly skip more attractive women for a less attractive one if I believe our personalities mesh better.

At this point, stability and “mental maturity” really is a factor in all of this. Given positive circumstances in my life (economy etc) I’m feling ready to start a family shouldI find the right person.

Deleted User said 9 years ago:

LOL

It’s different for everyone really. But I like a girl who has a good sense of humor, mature in a way and just pretty :)

Ausk said 9 years ago:

Honestly, I look for things that make me curious about her. Makes me want to get to know her. Which is horrible as I’m shy as all hell, making the “get to know her” part a wee bit tricky.

Being pretty is also a factor, denying that would be a lie. But what makes a girl pretty in a boys eyes is different from one guy to another.