Kawaii Princess♥ said 10 years, 1 month ago:

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. We live 2 hours away from each other and we don’t always get the chance to visit. Everyday I get so upset and stressed out about not being able to see him. I fall into old habits and I just can’t let that influence me and my relationship with him.

Nugget said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Keep in contact with him as much as you can, text, email, Skype, FaceTime whatever you can.
I lived in another state to my partner for over 2 years, it was horrible but had to take each day as it comes. try and see each other as much as you can, hang out, do things together, go away together.
its hard, but its doable

Tea said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Like Nugget says, just keep in contact as much as you can.
I come from a relationship of 4 years with my partner living in a different country. We barely saw eachother in person, but doing stuff together on the internet, writing letters and sending each other stuff made it somewhat easier. Doing things together is definitely a good thing to do. :)

Try not to focus on the time you can’t spend with each other, but instead look forward to when you can see him again.

FrostedGlass said 10 years, 1 month ago:

You have to hold strong. The fact that you guys have already made it to a year means that you have such a strong love, even if there is distance between you two. Don’t get upset, i know its way easier said than done, but its possible. I have friends that are going through it right now. They cherish the time they spend talking, texting, skyping. And when they get to see each other, they make the absolute best of them. The “old habits” I’m assuming are things your boyfriend wouldn’t approve of, so you know you have to fight against those. Focus on the positive as much as possible. I know it gets lonely some nights, but in the end, you know its all worth it.

nia said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I’ve been in in one for over a year and the key is that u must always make time for each other. Texting alone isnt enough. Face time skype and all that should work. I prefer talkng over the phone. But making time for each other n meeting each other is crucial. 2 hours is still okay as opposed to being in different countries.

Helith said 10 years, 1 month ago:

While above replies ring with truth, I wouldn’t advice you to take the ‘staying in contact as much as you can’ to the extreme.

Mostly because this is long distance and trust me, I know how you feel. But you need to be able to function on your own, be happy on your own – that should be your first priority.

If you cling onto him and solemnly rely on him to keep you from falling into those habits, your relationship won’t last for long.

I can understand why not seeing each other all the time can be stressful and it’s okay to rely on each other for support, but turning it into ‘clinging’ – that’s not one bit healthy.

You should definitely talk as much as you both feel comfortable with and perhaps plan something together, like a holiday or vacation – but you also need to allow each other to breathe.

As for the old habits, try and keep yourself busy, go out with friends, stay in with your family, start a new hobby, don’t force yourself to be distracted, but agree with yourself that it’ll be okay and that you need to do something to keep your mind off those habits.

Teach yourself to be happy on your own, it’ll make you that much more happy when you’re both together.