Mr.Ziggety said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve been seeing a lot lately about girls who are complaining that they can’t find any nice guys. I’d just like to say that most of us are douche bags, but there are a surprisingly large amount of nice guys out there. Theres a problem though. Girls don’t go for nice guys, not in real life most of the time. They go for the outgoing, charming, muscular, confident, protective, channing tatum type. Next time you are looking for a great guy, maybe consider the wirey, unconfident, slightly akward, loving type. Chances are, he’ll understand your insecurities much better than macho man will, and you two wont have to pretend to be perfect all the time. That is all.

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Same applies to guys. number one sign of a guy with confidence issues is him feeling he can’t get the girl he wants. here is the primary difference between men and women, and a reason it will always be better to be a male; ANY girl will date ANY guy, but ANY guy won’t date ANY girl. men are much more picky than women when it comes to picking women.

here is how men pick women:

1. first we screen the possibilities. this is the stage in which we almost instantaneously eliminate all women we absolutely would not be with in any romantic/physical way, no matter the personality or other possible gains. depending on where you are, this eliminates anywhere from 5-99% of the women in that zone.

2. now with whatever is left, we rate them on looks, best to worst, not so much 1-10, because this is like taste testing as supposed to final judgements, as overall ratings can change when considering other factors, which leads us to #3.

3. prioritizing our values in relation to the available selection. maybe none of them jump out as gorgeous, so we go to what’s most important after looks, such as personality, her personal skills (sex, cooking, is she smart, what does she offer, why her over the others?).

4. and then you go through them all again for an assessment of potential. now men don’t usually go after women with the intent of changing them, that’s typically something women do with men, but the most a male wants to do is humble the female if she isn’t already, at least to his role.

5. next, you go over whether procreating is a priority for you, because depending on that, you may eliminate even more of the crop based on genetics, family, and even looks, as your child will share those in some combination with your own.

i could probably add a few more, but that’s just some to give example that while women can be shallow and ignorant, as can men. as a guy, you’d be surprised how many girls want to be with you but deal with the same confidence issues you do, and its worst because for the most part women still expect men to chase them and it feels unnatural if they have to chase you….i myself prefer to be the chased, unless of course she jumps out at me as someone unique, which has only happen…once maybe, and she is the greatest plague to never relinquish my mind; i’ll probably die with her in my thoughts.

Board said 10 years, 7 months ago:

But if the girls are looking for outgoing, charming, muscular, confident, protective, channing men, it is more than likely that they aren’t interested in the less outgoing ones. Outgoing women look for outgoing men for most of the time. And yes, while some of the outgoing guys act like total douchebags, some of them are nice people. And some of the less social guys might come out as weird, awkward and sometimes inconsiderate. You have to think about it from multiple points of view.

Belle & Her Beast said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Well that was rather depressing to read. And very generalized.

I know guys who would be grateful to be with any woman. I know women who would be just as picky with men as you described.

I also know from personal experience that the handsome charming cunning male I once dated was the GOOD GUY, and the shy, seemingly cute and funny awkward guy I dated was abusive as hell.

For me as a girl, personality is what matters.

I was just saying that it is character that should matter. I don’t expect girls to chase me and I don’t expect to have to chase someone. It should be mutual and that its frustrating when either gender complains about not finding the perfect mate when they are completely ignoring half the pot. I also don’t believe that guys will go for any girl and girls are picky. or the other way around. I don’t understand why gender stereotypes have to be such a big factor when deciding.

Board said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Speaking of stereotypes: I don’t want to sound like an ass, but the way you worded your original post makes you looks like the most stereotypical “nice guy” who complains about women friendzoning him.

You have to understand that some people already know what features they like/don’t like. You shouldn’t get surprised if a girl complains about not finding nice guys when you’d be there: Maybe you’re not nice in the way she wants her boyfriend to be?

Nice guys like you make good friends because you’re nice and probably make a good conversational partner. But the lack of social skills/outgoing energy might be why they don’t think of you as a potential boyfriend.

You have two ways of going about with this: Either you can wait to potentially find a girl who finds you to be good boyfriend material, or you could try to become more social. The latter option probably would work out better.

I know what you mean, but I have a girlfriend and we’ve been together happily for a couple months now. i just think the seperation of different types of people is stupid. we are all people and we should be able to be understand of each others quirks.

Panda said 10 years, 7 months ago:

@duckmaster

I’m sorry I had too XD

Panda said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Defending for the women’s side XD