Ember said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Any tips on how to get it under control? I am usually a pretty jealous person and I don’t want it ruining any friendships/relationships.

DarcyHazel said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Jealousy is not fun, and even though you can’t control a jealous-fueled rant when it begins, you can redirect the thoughts to a happier place. Like, think about the happy times you had with this person, think about something that makes you feel good about yourself but don’t forget that some people might not translate jealousy as a proof of love, but more like a lack of trust so you need to trust the person. Also, before you go all jealous girlfriend/friend on someone, get a second opinion and go to a friend or a family member for a reality check because most of the time, there’s no reason to be jealous,it’s only your mind making it up. What I can advise you is meeting the competition, for example, if you’re jealous of someone because your best friend is getting really close to them, meet the person, and maybe you can all be friends!

Chwati:) said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Don’t ever let jealousy get in the way of your relationships. Most importantly, whenever you are jealous and try to understand why you are jealous. Try not to feel insecure or be possessive. If you do, try and talk about it with that person. It might help. Understand that everybody is free to do what they want so that they are happy. Your feelings of jealousy might make them feel like you are trapping them and not letting them go. I’m sure you wouldn’t like that either right? Accept the person, trust them(at least a little) and have a little faith in yourself.

Good luck <3