Brooke <3 said 6 years, 9 months ago:

I am engaged to a wonderful man who I love very very much. We are supposed to be married in less than a year. I have been talking to some friends on xbox but I think I may have developed a bit of a crush on one of them. Which honestly is silly since we live in different states. I have been feeling like maybe I missed out by not really dating anyone other than my fiance and getting nervous about getting married. I’m not sure if this is just me being nervous about getting married or maybe a sign that I shouldn’t be getting married. I haven’t done anything more than just talk to this guy on xbox as friends. Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

BigJohn said 6 years, 9 months ago:

stop talking to this guy on Xbox. IF you feel this way then re-evaluate your upcoming engagement. Put it this way… Would you tell your fiance about this dude on Xbox? prolly not. It’s not fair to any one of the 3 of you. Trust me, there is such a thing as “cheating” emotionally. I understand you feel as if you “know” this guy but all he is, is a character on Xbox…. He could be pretending to be anyone. Whether I’m right or wrong, the fact you posted this question shows you know its wrong. Not wrong, as in you’ve done something wrong but, the whole scenario is wrong. You can’t help how you feel…. I think its “either or”. Grass is always greener and all that. Also…the VERY FIRST thing you say is “I’m engaged to a WONDEFUL MAN……” Again, no matter what…just staying friends will be nearly impossible. Ok, this is longer than I intended,,,,hope it helps and I hope you get the point and I hope you I am trying to help

rinseandrep said 6 years, 9 months ago:

@brookejordanxo People in relationships still get crushes on other people at times (but of course, what changes is not pursuing those crushes), so I guess this can be both, on one hand a first test on how you’ll handle similar situations if you get married, and on the other an occasion to let the reality of your commitment sink in, regarding closing the door to other romantic partners.

Sadly it’s up to you now to do all the thinking and weighing all the factors in and see if this person you will be bound to is going to be enough for you. It will be complicated but it will also yeld great insight.