St. James said 9 years ago:

I respect all of you people that want your happy family and all that goes with it.
But why do people look all of us that don’t wan’t having kids like aliens or something?
Is not an obligation to have kids, and there are many permanent contraceptives. So why is this kind of a taboo? Having kids is not what I want to my future, why is that so weird?

Timid Tiger said 9 years ago:

My guess is that its just naturally human to want to have kids and most people follow that instinct. They want to continue their legacy, see a little person carrying on their name and genes into a future that they can’t be a part of. So I think it makes sense that a lot of people want to do it. That said, its definitely not weird to not want kids, its just not a feeling shared by the majority and not a feeling hardwired into our brains.

4skore7yrs said 9 years ago:

Its becoming more common to either not want kids or to want them much later. Darwinism is knd of fading in that regard. You’re good.

ourlives1 said 9 years ago:

If having children is something one does not want that is their choice in life. I can also tell you though I think if you are married or wanting to get married then it can be hard if one wants children and the other does not. Me and my husband have one child and I really wanted him to have a brother or sister and it has been very hard for me to get over. For me I wish I had of talked more about this issue before marriage but we did not. I would just say to anyone that does or does not want kids talk about these things while in a dating relationship so it would be clear on both sides what is wanted.

Sam said 9 years ago:

I think most parents love their kids to the point where there’s no way to possibly explain it. Their kids are the absolute highlight of their lives. Because of that I think it’s hard for them to imagine someone not wanting that, not wanting what they believe to be the best thing ever. They think everyone should be able to experience that feeling of loving someone to that extent. It’s like someone saying no to pizza.
That being said I don’t think it’s right for anyone to treat you differently because you don’t want kids, just that some parents have trouble understanding why.