rinseandrep said 5 years, 11 months ago:

How is this holiday season going for the community?

I’ll be busy working on a family meal, lots of expenses lately (ouch ouch) but I look forward to the suspended animation of holiday celebrations.

SJayJay said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Im doing well. My brother is back with me for Christmas so I’m happy but I still have homework and scheduled quizzes to study for when I go back and its stressing me out because we have to act and memorize a scene from Romeo and Juliet and I get really really nervous when talking to people or public speaking. But other than that I love Christmas so I will try to forget about school and enjoy sometime with my family and try to stay active in blahtherapy when I can

Peanutter said 5 years, 11 months ago:

I’m feeling decent, haven’t been feeling the holiday spirit as I used to. Going to have to force myself to study for the SAT though which is a bummer.

Although I am heading to Oregon to downhill ski on Mt. Hood which I am excited for.

How does the community feel about New year’s eve?

Okay, everyone is cool with new years eve.

For some people, the period after the holidays is the worse part, conflict over the family gatherings, going back to your routine/problems… Feel free to discuss how you are coping with going back to normal life.

Hayden said 5 years, 11 months ago:

I’m feeling kind of indifferent it all. The beginning of a new year is always a bit tough for me, because I hate being so inactive with my life, but I don’t have a lot of control over that, since I’m busy basically all day long.
Being as socially anxious as I am, even the big events this year didn’t bother me too much, because I was actually doing something different. So, now that all of that is over with, I’m dreading things going back to normal; going back to my same old, boring routine.
So, the way I’m coping is by actually doing something. I’m going to start doing my best to change things up, instead of sitting back and doing nothing about it. Because that will not fix anything. Though I have little control, I’ll use what control I do have to change the way my life works.