Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I came on Blahtherapy hoping to take the edge off and distract myself from my low self esteem and negative body image. But guys seem to be confirming what I feel about myself. I mentioned that I’m 128 pounds to a listener, and he said that I’m overweight, even though I told him I had an eating disorder :/

Then I was talking to this other guy and he was talking about how other girls are prettier than me. Obviously there are going to be people prettier than me, but it’s upsetting when guys are constantly bringing that up and trying to change me. He was telling me all this stuff about myself that I have to change, like my hair and my eye brows.

Euphoric Melody said 9 years, 9 months ago:

That’s terrible, the first guy sounds like a troll which i hope you reported- and the second guy just sounds stupid in my opinion. You should be proud of how you look and not care about how people judge you. The people who judge you on who you are rather than looks that have a personality connection with you are people who will be your friends, same with all of us. Ignore negative people and be proud of who you are, looks mean nothing to good people, jerks who judge you on how you look.. why would you even want to be friends with them. :)

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Eh? How is 128 pounds overweight? Dahell…

Adviser said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I am VERY sorry for it. This is a wonderful site, but we can’t help to have trolls. I even developed a Listener’s Manual to try to educate people, but please, trust me, unless you’re 4’11″ (less than 1.5 meters) you are NOT overweight. Check your BMI (google BMI Calculator) to check your actual weight level (underweight, normal, overweight or obese). He was clearly a troll trying to offend you and this is unaceptable!
You don’t need to mind him or anyone else, all you should really do is to look at yourself and feel happy. If you don’t THEN you change, IF YOU WANT.
Most of the times, usually the woman is beautiful, but her self esteem is low, so she feels like she’s ugly, but she really isn’t. There’s a saying that say “A woman is only as sexy as she feels she is.” If you think you’re developing eating disorders, then that’s much more serious. Please message me if you want to talk more, I’m willing to listen to you, and when you notice that you found a troll, please, report the user and disconect. Good luck, I wish you the best and message me if you need.

Parash said 9 years, 9 months ago:

That is just terrible, what jerks they are
To be honest 128 pounds is fine really, nothing bad / wrong about it.

The Enlightenment said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It starts to get ironic how a site which is to make you happy makes you more depressed. Ignore those idiots. I once had venter ask me to send pictures of myself. I flagged him, ended our meeting, and made a whole talk on him. If you want to be a good venter/listener, be serious and be nice.

willowy said 9 years, 9 months ago:

This is a terrible person. Your weight is fine, and you are beautiful on the inside. These guys are just trying to make themselves feel better. They probably have a mental disorder or something. You seem like a great person, and you should never let yourself be down by stupid people.

Avery✿ said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@Adviser Sometimes the BMI is wrong!

Avery✿ said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@PerfumedDog Ignore those trolls! If you ever talk to a person like that report them by clicking on the red flag button on the bottom right corner of the chat application.

-tara✿

OddBall17 said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Yes, the BMI is not entirely accurate. Body type, genetics and build have to be taken into consideration. But for the average human being it is a great indicator of health.

Caraline said 9 years, 9 months ago:

To all the guys that think they should only look for beauty in a gf. Look and find the prettiest girl on the internet. Once you do wait 5 min. Think, do it again. Keep doing this. You’ll find plenty of beautiful women but never have a chance to see their personality because you’re to busy being shallow. To all the guys who are looking for a girl who is funny, sweet, and smart – You totally rock!

Lee Seo Young said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’m sorry you encountered the wrong guys, wrong people. Please don’t let them ruin your self-esteem as they are stupid ignoramuses who take pleasure in putting others down because they feel insecure. Or they could just be plain mean and closed-minded. You don’t deserve to be insulted. Just disconnect. :)

lifegoeson said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Hello Dear,

I too came to this website to seek advice on some job problem and there were some wonderful people who helped me out. You know what people will call you names because of their insecurities. You just never stop believing your yourself. Your weight or appearance never defines you, your action does. People can be mean and I have first hand experience about that. But you know what, the only beauty that matters is the one that resides in your heart. If you are a good person you are beautiful. Do not let anyone say otherwise.

thanks for the lovely responses

if you hate your body, then hit the gym and train.

#bitchbelikehecallmefatWAHH