The Curious One said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I hate that word, “friendzone”. i don’t understand why guys are always complaining about being put in the friend zone, is it bad that a girl likes you and trusts you and wants you as a friend she can laugh with/talk to? not all girls are looking for a romantic relationship and sometimes we just want to hang out with guys and be just friends with them but (me personally) guys seem to get mad at me when suddenly they ask me out and i tell them i like them as a friend, what is so bad about being friends with a girl?

Jess said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I hate the word friendzone, it comes from guys thinking that in being nice to a girl, they should do whatever he wants. In reality, guys should be nice to girls anyway, you know, being a normal human being and all, and girls feelings are invalidated and put second to the guys. It’s a modern misogynist term still attacking women’s right to make choices for herself.

You know what happens to a girl when you’re friendly to her? She becomes your friend.

This is one of my favourite quotes:

“Friendzone” is attacking a woman’s right to say no, “slut” is attacking a woman’s right to say yes, and “bitch” is attacking a woman for calling you out on it.

(◣_◢)Poet said 7 years, 3 months ago:

You both aren’t being honest though. There is a such thing as being friendzoned for certain circumstances. A guy/gal doesn’t feel “friendzoned” if he/she didn’t want you in the first place. So if he finds himself in that position and is upset, its because they wanted more from the beginning; you have to realize cause of their feelings is disappointment.

I’m sure you can relate to the feeling of liking someone a lot and wanting to share a particular bond and the other party not share those feelings; its very disappointing.

And it really goes go both ways. I’m sure plenty of women get friendzoned and hate it.

S said 7 years, 3 months ago:

The issue isn’t with them feeling rejected I don’t think – I understand that, and I feel for them. It hurts. But by using the word “friendzone” all these people are doing is trivialising the women’s (or man’s) lack of romantic interest in them. It implies to me that they feel they are “owed” something for being friendly.

Riss said 7 years, 3 months ago:

I agree with Cola. I think the real issue is the rejection and disappointment that comes with knowing you have been “friendzoned.”

The Author said 7 years, 3 months ago:

Well, my best friend is technically my ex, and now I see her like a sister (only without the whole incest thing). I also have a habit of developing feelings for girls I already have as friends because I like them as people as well as because they’re pretty. Thing is, though, I don’t feel “friendzoned” per se in any of those examples. In one case, we found that we both suited better as friends, and in another we both suit already as friends and it probably isn’t worth jeopardising that for something that will almost certainly not last as long as the friendship.

Also worth noting is that your average heterosexual male will objectify any passing female, at least slightly, even the ones he sees as “just friends”.

At the end of the day, I think “friendzone” is overused, but still applies. I don’t think it’s such a bad thing though – if you can’t date girls in the “friendzone” and can’t find any anywhere else in your life, then maybe it’s a subtle way of life telling you to get out more?

imdown said 7 years, 2 months ago:

im down to be friendzoned. i don’t think my girlfriend minds it either.