mothtoflame said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Just wanted to know a guy’s perspective on the dreaded friend zone. I am particularly interested in if you could see yourself going from thinking of a girl as only a friend, with no potential for more, to thinking of her as a someone you’d date. I’m curious, because i’ve always thought that in my romantic relationships, i’d want a best friend that i was also attracted to. I have many best guy friends, and was wondering if you thought that one day, there may be potential for something more there…if a girl friend can escape the friend zone and become a girlfriend. And perhaps what it takes to get there!

Panda said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I always found this video interesting, it relates to your topic!

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

It’s totally possible – if they find you physically attractive. I’ve had a number of female friends where I’ve realized that we get on fantastically, and it was a like a switch was flipped and I suddenly thought of them in a more romantic context.

groanman said 10 years, 6 months ago:

yea of course we can always think of you as more than just a friend. a female friend is a great candidate for a love interest.

Logseman said 10 years, 6 months ago:

“Friend zone” is a hideous concept, as it implies that being friendly towards someone entitles you to sex. Just be honest with your feelings when you deal with other people. The “friend zone” concept devalues friendship, as it assigns a sexual intention to it.

NateyBoy said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I’ve been in this situation before. Believe me, sometimes it’s better to stay in the friend zone. You like this person, but things can just end up getting ultimately awkward and uncomfortable if you try to get out and involve yourself with this person. If you do, please make sure that the other person likes you romantically, too, instead of forcing yourself on them and getting shot down. I suggest talking it out with your friend before you do anything. It might be uncomfortable, but it’s the best thing you can do.

mothtoflame said 10 years, 6 months ago:

thanks for all of the replies! all very good stuff, and good to know. it’s funny how people can be in our lives for years, then one day just randomly become attractive to us, or that we see them in a new light!