Deleted User said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Iv been with this guy for only 2months now and I know its short but I have fallen for him and everything was going well but his moving to Australia in March for e next 5years and we have both never really been for this long distance thing but now dont have a choice and we are faced with having to break up or put our relationship on pause (and what e hell does that mean anyway)..so any advice on how to handle e move without destroying what we have

Silent Rain said 5 years, 4 months ago:

Just because he’s moving doesn’t mean you should break up. A long distance relationship isn’t easy, but it can work. Communication is very important. When he moves, make sure you can still communicate often. For example through skype, that way you can video chat so you can see and hear each other. When you say putting your relationship on pause, that means you two would put it in the freezer for a while until you can be back with each other in person. You have to decide as a couple what you want to do, but if you really love each other, then a long distance relationship can work. Just remember to keep a good communication with one another and also be open and honest. Trust is also very important. Talk about this with your boyfriend and make a decision together.

OpenTalk said 5 years, 4 months ago:

While I agree with Silent Rain, and I do, I think it is important to emphasize the repercussions of not maintaining strong communications. If a distance between you two develops on a communicative level it will lead to a disconnect. Suddenly, things will feel a bit colder and eventually one of you will meet a real person in everyday life that makes you forget that you’re committed. That’s why LDR break down.

Work hard for it or expect it not to last.