Dear Kittens said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Sometimes i feel like i need more support than i have to be able to stop smoking weed. If I’m not high then i feel manic and anxious and not incontrol of my emotions. I am psychologically addicted and I know it. I’ve cut down a lot but I can’t give it up 100%… I can’t go a day without at least 1/2 bowl of mids so obviously I have seriously cut down on the smoke, which I am proud of but I want to be free of this.Is it really addiction? Where can I go for support? Like would AA take me?

rinseandrep said 9 years, 9 months ago:

If it’s a compulsion you have trouble stopping, with a (even mental) withdrawal, it can be. I don’t know if you experience increased tolerance.

I don’t know about AA for weed, but there is a Narcotics anonymous, and even a Marijuana anonymous, check both their sites for local resources.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

If you repent and ask Jesus Christ to help you quit the addiction, there is no goal that will be too difficult for you. God is the only support you will ever need.

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Religion is highly irrelevant in this case. Of course it is an addiction, and you might want to seek help in a rehabilitation centre (rehab) or at places like Marijuana Anonymous. Good luck m8.

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Give all of your weed to a friend who you trust and tell him/her to not give it to you for a week. Just knowing that the weed is not conveniently nearby and that you made a promise to your friend will probably be enough to keep you away. It doesn’t sound like you have a serious addiction, just like you’re bored and can’t find a good reason not to smoke.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Please don’t put your friends at risk of getting arrested for something it’s yours to deal with.

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Pfft, your friends aren’t gonna get arrested for it. It’s not like they’re gonna walk around with it in their pockets. They’re just gonna hide it, 0% risk.

MrJackson said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I also have an addictive personality pal, I don’t know when to say no to anything and it’s dangerous. And I find myself doing things for the sake of it out of complete boredom or to put my mind in any state but sober. True I have ongoing issues but nothing extreme or out the order. Just you’re average Joe.

I’ve tried getting in the gym to take occupy myself healthily. Helps I tell ya, a good session clears your mind a bit and you feel good. Less guilt if you wanna have a toke after or later on in the evening if you get me.

Not condoning anything I’m just being a realist with my life and what I wanna do.

Sheila_3 said 9 years, 8 months ago:

First of all, try to understand../are you really trying to stop smoking weed? Or is all the negative backlash in media finally getting to you? Does it disrupt your everyday life? I say if it makes you happy to for it! Better to die doing what you love than doing something you hate(not that I’m saying weed kills lol)