Dani said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I didn’t really know what group to talk about this in… because its kind of weird and uncommon.
Last June, I underwent a wrist surgery to fix a torn ligament. I had my period so I was wearing a pad (thats what they told me to wear to the operation). I changed into the hospital clothes but I kept my underwear (and pad) on. They put me under anesthesia and did the operation. Four hours later, I “woke up”. I went to use the bathroom when the surgery was over and realized that the pad wasn’t there anymore. I understand that it brings in outside germs but I don’t understand why they couldn’t have just asked me to take it off myself. Why did they wait until I was under to take it off of me without my knowledge? I trust my surgeon but I think this is really weird and I was just wondering if it was a common thing. It makes me uncomfortable to know that they were taking off my underwear during a wrist surgery. For any of y’all who have had surgery while on your period, have you had a similar experience?

sarah-the-crohnie said 9 years, 9 months ago:

i was on my period through my spleen removal , and i also went in with underwear and a pad and woke up with nothing but the hospital coat thing. god damn i guess youh cant trust anyone haha …

LittleFighter said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I think it has something to do with anesthesia affecting your bodily functions. I recently had my appendix removed, & I didn’t have my period, but from the start of my surgery (I’m assuming) to the day after they had me hooked up to this pee machine thing that was inserted inside me so that I didn’t have to go to the bathroom. I mean its main purpose after the surgery was because I couldn’t walk to the bathroom, but they probably use it for everyone while they’re in surgery because anesthesia probably interferes with how your body functions during surgery. It was probably just procedure but if it really made you feel uncomfortable then just ask your doctor & I’m sure they’ll tell you.

melissayoung said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Sorry I don’t have a personal experience undergoing any surgeries. A friend of mine had a Rhinoplasty surgery recently from a clinic in Toronto ( http://www.solomonfacialplastic.com/rhinoplasty-toronto/rhinoplasty-surgery.php ) I remember she was not so confident about the surgery at first. But I wonder she is absolutely loving the results now, also said that it was a nice experience. Has anyone here had a same surgery?