Samantha said 9 years, 10 months ago:

@perfumeddog This topic isn’t inappropriate in any way. Surely your experiences, or whomever you’re standing for, were very awful, and it sucks to hear of it: but if there’s ONE thing out of MANY that absolutely bothers me to the core about people on the internet: it’s when someone wants to censor other people because of their beliefs or preferences. You can’t take away someone else’s right because YOU don’t believe in them or you simply just don’t want to hear about them. Perhaps you shouldn’t continue to click on this topic, knowing it’s going to be about something that may “trigger” your, or anyone else’s, anxiety.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I agree with everything @Con was saying about the differences between “rape” and “rough sex” and the fact that people should probably read up on it before they comment their opinions of it. If you’re a victim of sex crimes, then it may not be for you, and that’s totally okay. But if you’re not, and you’re okay with the idea of “rough sex,” then I think it’s something everyone, who are intrigued by the concept of it, to try it at least once before gathering an opinion of it.

LeeBar said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t believe this in an inappropriate topic either. Personally, I believe its what works for you. Rough sex can encompass a bit of rolling around or it could be as far as BDSM. Only upon reading this did I consider some sort of connection between rough sex and rape. Due to the fact the rough sex is consensual and rape is not, as previously mentioned, I don’t really see why rape had to be brought up at all. If you are nervous about trying it, then start with little things to see how you feel. Communicate with whoever you are with, and if you are not comfortable, voice this, and find something else that works.

Samantha said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@LeeBar THANK YOU! Whenever the topic of “rough sex” comes up, there’s almost ALWAYS rape victims that step forward: outraged by the conversation. I don’t want to sound like a bitch; but it’s annoying to see people always trying to correlate the two things.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@willowblossom let’s calm down. there’s no reason to blame game rape victims for trauma they didn’t ask for. all that needs to be said is that when rough sex is being described as consensual it has nothing to do with rape and should probably be avoided by victims who have PTSD.

The reason a lot of rape victims come forward that it bothers them is that it does bother them. The image is very similar to rape and it’s not that I’m trying to put my preferences on other people; do what you want in private if you are so into rape roleplay or rape fantasy but please don’t post it in a therapy forum where there are sensitive people. Thanks!

Samantha said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@nightcrawler No one was blaming rape victims? Alls I said is that everyone has the choice to click or ignore whatever they please when they go on the internet. If you have sensitive triggers or PTSD due to past traumas in your life, then maybe it’s best to stay away from these topics, rather than try to make other people feel bad for wanting to talk about it, which @PerfumedDog had clearly done by calling the original topic poster a “molester” and a “rapist,” which was completely uncalled for.

@PerfumedDog It’s all fine and dandy to come forward and stand up for yourself as a rape victim when you’re being treated unfairly or people are being inconsiderate of you by throwing things in your face; however, @Danielle was not doing that to you. She posted a topic, seeming sincerely intrigued by people’s opinions on the subject of “rough sex,” and you rudely harassed HER by calling her inappropriate things. And as far as “rape role playing” or “rape fantasy,” it completely blows my mind that you take “rough sex,” and turn it into those things, which are completely unrelated. Surely “rape role playing” etc. can fall under the category of “rough sex,” but it wasn’t specifically brought out by anyone on this topic. You’re the only one that made those correlations, and it’s sickening. I understand that this is a therapy forum, and perhaps it’s not “appropriate,” in some people’s eyes; but regardless, YOU chose to click on it and read what people were saying. No one forced you to do so. Perhaps @Danielle posted the topic because her husband requested it, and she needed to know how people felt about it, in order to get a general idea of it, and that falls perfectly in a therapy forum, on a site where people are looking for advice. Maybe it’s you who should respect that.

cmbrbatch said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Ahh, all this generalisation going on, wonderful…
Rough sex is NOT the easiest way for most girls to orgasm, it might be an easy way for those girls who are into rough sex while for others it’s a complete turn-off. I also highly doubt that the majority of people is turned on by the idea of getting raped.
Whether you like roug hsex or not is completely up to you and if you’re not sure, just try it out. If you don’t like it, you can just go back to what you did before.
Personally, yes, I do like it.

“it’s like mutual rape” have you heard of a dictionary? rape is non consensual TRAUMATIC sexual abuse.
as for whether any other type of sex is boring or not isn’t for you to decide. everyone has different tastes.

well i cant believe you still think im using rape in the literal sense here lol..
And i did say it was my opinion:D