Charliie Lee said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Girls, can you tell me how it’s like when you’re in a LDR, I’m in one myself, and it’s just not going well :(

Deleted User said 8 years, 8 months ago:

All of my relationships have been long distance. I know that you and your partner both desire for each other’s physical affection, love, and warmth, though if you two really love each other, then you’d be willing to wait. <3

Nothing can keep two lovers apart, no matter how far they live away from each other, because their heart is wherever the other is. That's the meaning of true love. Age and miles of distance apart are just numbers. ^_^

I suggest that you two could spice your relationship a bit by having Skype video chatting sessions, sending each other gifts, and writing love letters. During your Skype dates, you can sing him a love song that suits your relationship, talk about the future, things like that. I hope that this helps. Sorry if it doesn't. I'm not that good at relationships.

Charliie Lee said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve been doing that all along but now, we’re up to our ears with work and he is stressed out with it so he doesn’t pay me as much attention now as he used to, I don’t know, what if he got bored of me :(

Tsukimono said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I don’t really belong here but I’ve got experience related to this topic and what reality is.
I don’t want to sound negative but is how reality is.
It’s fine to have a long distance relationship and all, but you know, you can’t make babies through chat nor get legally married through chat neither. You should remember, that no matter how much you love each other, if the other person lives too far away, and you don’t have a method to visit him or vice-versa (he visit you) then it will be impossible. I mean, you wont be able to kiss, hug, share moments while being next to each other, and there will be more interference (if there’s no internet, if the computer or the cellphone gets broken or something like this), also, when one of you get angry, any of you can just go off and there’s no way to solve the problem that caused the anger, you can’t go to the other person house and force your way in, which is even more depressing.

If you live continents away, then try working hard and saving up (if you’re not in a age to start working, then you should just stay being friends or not talking too much about the future, why? Because you will grow desperate and if you get in a argument the distance topic will most likely pop up, and it may end in a bad way) and try to meet someday, after you meet your relationship will improve drastically.

Don’t believe that you will find the “perfect love” through internet, since you don’t know how the other person really is, also even being next to each other, you never get to know all the faces a person can have. (What I mean with this is, not to search a supposedly perfect love but find someone you can be compatible with for life, not for a moment)

PixieBellee said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I truly believe that if there is a will there is a way. Six years ago, I met the love of my life online and we were together online most of that time before we even met! I am now happily living with him, and could not have wished for a better partner.

When I was down, oftentimes I’d think of the POSITIVES of a long-distance relationship. What???? YESSS THERE ARE SOME! The number one thing: We have EXCELLENT communication skills which being in a long-distance relationship helped us cultivate. Secondly, we never take each other for granted. Lastly, we have been able to experience other cultures/parts of the world by meeting online.

@Charliie I think you need to have a heart-to-heart with your SO. You describe that ‘he must be bored of me’. How can you think that? You are fortune-telling his feelings/thoughts and driving yourself crazy! Sit and have a talk and lay everything out :)