mindlessdreamer said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi. Im a college student. Well, my highschool friends used to hangout with each other but one day, they stopped replying to my texts. I have this friend in college, but she’s hanging out with her “other circle of friends”. She also doesn’t go to malls that often because of financial problems and every weekend,she goes home and she lives kilometers away(She stays at the dorm near our university). Every weekend, though I want to chill out, I’ve got no one to be with, not even my sister because she also has her set of friends.

Im really depressed now. Why no one cant be with me? :(

SmileyFace said 9 years, 3 months ago:

If no one comes to you, you go to them… I’m sure that there are loads of people out there who would be the perfect addition to your friend army. The trick is to go and find them! If you are shy person you might come off as a bit rude or antisocial (I know I did) try always smiling at people if you catch there eyes on campus, you have no idea how much difference a genuine smile can make in friendliness terms.
There are other things you could do to make friends. If you see someone reading a book you like, go up to them a nd make conversation about it. If you push yourself to try new things and meet new people,, friendships will quickly flourish and then will increase dramatically.