loveisthekey11 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I lived with a tumor inside of my abdomen from the age of twelve to the age of twenty (my current age). All of the doctors I went to never took me seriously. My family doctor kept telling me, “It’s just fat. Exercise and loose the weight.” Well, it was a twenty pound tumor that was at skin level and resting on my ovaries. It was fluid filled so non-cancerous, but it was still too big for a regular gynecologist to remove it. After I had my surgery, I expected to love my new stomach. All I got was a saggy, deflated, thing with a long pink scar running down it’s length. My fiance keeps saying that he loves it and that it is a lot better and blah blah blah, but i can’t even stand to look at it. It makes me sick. I can’t do sit-ups because the muscles haven’t fully healed yet, so I am stuck with this gross blob. Can anyone help me see it in a different light with out being rude? I would love some support about this situation.

Chwati:) said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Hey! Don’t say that to yourself. Think about it like this, you have been strong all this while and you actually withstood all this pain! From my point, it seems like a very tough thing to go through and I’m sure it was. Having all those doctors ignore you definitely couldn’t be easy but you got through it all. I think that is amazing. Those scars are a sign of your strength so don’t look at it in a bad way! Your muscles are still healing, you should give it some time to heal. You have been so strong all this while, don’t put yourself down. I’m sure your fiancé is right, you must look better than before. Don’t stress yourself just with this and focus on other things important to you. It will all be fine. Take care <3

Rachel said 10 years, 8 months ago:

First thing to think about is that the only man you’ll ever need to impress in any way, shape, or form, doesn’t mind it. I do think it is going to take you some time to feel better about your body. Maybe what you might want to do is find clothes or a shirt that makes you feel pretty. I know it’s not the same, but I’m small chested and people make comments to me about it, and poke fun at me. Let’s be honest here, it’s hurts my feelings and sometimes I’ll cry about it. Over time, I’ve learned to love what I have, and I have a boyfriend who loves them, so why should I care what anybody else thinks? Try to look at the situation from that perspective!

Dani said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Let it heal, FULLY heal. And once it has, do toning exercises. It may seem like a long time, but the tumor had to be taken out, and could have caused serious problems down the line. You are absolutely beautiful, scar and “saggy” stomach and all! Always remember that. Just don’t hurt yourself because you want to look a bit better, there is always time to tighten up, but it will take longer if you cause damage by not waiting that little while.
Good luck~

Kaitlyn said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I hate my body as well..so much. I’m trying so hard everyday to control my eating and exorcise but it’s so hard. I love food but I hate getting picked by every person who sees me. I’m embarrass and i want to look pretty and also feel beautiful. life is hard.

cmbrbatch said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Maybe you should look at it this way – You had a tumor in your body that was definitely not doing anything in favour of your health. After all these years, you finally got it removed and now your body can heal completely! You’re only twenty and now you’ve had this surgery, you’re chances of living healthily for the next decades are a lot higher! So give your stomach and your muscles a few more months to heal and then start exercises to shape up if you want to. No pressure, you have been strong for so many years now, you can do it! Focus more on the fact that your health has been restored, the way you look is absolutely secondary. Come time and you’ll be able to change that and then you’ll be healthy AND have a nice stomach! Stay strong <3

justmyusername said 10 years, 8 months ago:

you’re actually lucky.some people die in surgery, but you lived.your muscles will heal.your fiancee clearly loves you, you have a great man there.don’t worry, just focus on what really maters and it will all get better

Lauren said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Sweetie your stomach and your scar do not make you ugly or unworthy of love.

If you’re unhappy with how your stomach looks, wait until the muscles and everything heals, and then just start doing some sit ups, jumping jacks, go for runs/walks.

Don’t let society’s idea of beauty get to you. You’re beautiful with the scar and the way your stomach looks now, and you’ll be beautiful when your stomach is more toned.