Lucipherous said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hey ladies, I need some advice.
Warning, language could be a little graphic, or “tmi”.
I think I could be pregnant. I’m very confused about it, though. Me and my boyfriend did not use any birth control almost 2 weeks ago, and he didn’t pull out. I started my period yesterday, but I heard that you can still get your next period and miss the one after that. I don’t know if that’s true or not. I’ve been pregnant before, and in the first couple weeks, I had a light period and my lower ab muscles were really sore and tender instead of having like, regular period cramps. That’s kind of what’s happening now, but my period is heavier than it was when I was pregnant before, but not as heavy as a normal one. So that’s also kind of throwing me off.
What I’m wondering is, I know the only way to know is to get a test or go to the doctor, and I can do that, but I’m asking if I need to. I’m hoping some of you can tell me if it’s true that I can get my period a few weeks after having unprotected sex and becoming pregnant.

Mischa said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Not to scare you or anything.
But cramps and spotting then bleeding could mean a pregnancy gone wrong. Could be early miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
I had a miscarriage 4 years ago and ectopic pregnancy last April. And those three symptoms were present. My OBGYN said that those three are warning signs.
I suggest you go to the doctor so they can administer a pregnancy test and ultrasound if necessary.

Lucipherous said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Thank you for the reply, I’ll look into going to the doctor. :( It actually kind of makes sense because I miscarried before..

Mischa said 9 years, 10 months ago:

You’re welcome. Hoping that it’s just some hormone thing and not what I experienced. Keep me posted.

Swifting said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Pulling out is not effective birth control and it is not an effective way to prevent pregnancy. You could be losing an early stage pregnancy.

And it is true that you can have a menstrual cycle; a lighter one and still be pregnant.